Re: SPOILER ALERT!!! Alien Covenant thread.

by EA_David

Original Post

EA app Team

@Straatford87TomTomTom I am disappointed Shocked..You need to watch all of Netflix Marvel stuff (well actually you can skip Iron Fist)!!!!

@master2g Did you like S1 or S2 more for Daredevil?  Are you going to watch Defenders?

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 81 of 102 (554 Views)

★★ Pro

Thats a tough question but i would have to say maybe season 2 by a small margin due to the introduction of new Marvel characters . Yet season one was brilliant with more of Vincent D'Onofrio acting though so its hard to choose between both i guess Standard smile

I am going to try and get to the other Marvel Netflix stuff asap. Work is busy through out the summer so my free time is reduced. I can say for sure it is on my to watch list though.

@Straatford87

When is ones schedule anything less then full these days right lol Large smile

Message 82 of 102 (544 Views)

EA app Team

Oh I cannot imagine a better Fisk then Vincent D'Onofrio now...he was just purely amazing Standard smile

I like both of the seasons very much, but I think my favorite character has to be Foggy! He is just awesome in his unassuming way. 

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 83 of 102 (537 Views)

Community Manager

Finally, someone else who appreciates Foggy!! Everyone I talk to is so dismissive of him. 

I found season 2 to be much better than the already-good season 1, it's definitely the top superhero show I've seen. Jon Bernthal was great as the Punisher.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 84 of 102 (521 Views)

★★ Pro

Really when one goes through it in their head every actor on there really playing their part very well. Deborah Ann Woll played Karen damn good and even more so in season 2 with the interactions with Frank Castle. Lets face it its a damn good show top to bottom Standard smile

Message 85 of 102 (498 Views)

Definitely Daredevil's season 2 was better than its first. Everyone acted quite well and some actually got in the skin of their characters. Thing is: the support characters overshadowed the main hero. Not the actor's fault here, but the writers pushed Matt into a corner and focused too much on the secondary characters. Foggy, Karen, Elektra, Stick, Fisk and Punisher shined this season and they were in line wit the comic book counterparts.

Jessica Jones - loved the actors, hated the pace. Not the worst in the bunch, though.

Luke Cage - started really well, but it lost its pace. A fewer episodes would have done better.

Iron Fist - god, that show was all over the place. Uneven, no clear direction and sometimes even poor writing. Best characters for me: Colleen Wing and Claire Temple. Also, Madame Gao. Sorry, Danny...You did your best, but in the end you were failed by the writers.

Feel free to disagree or not, but that is in a nutshell my opinion on the Netflix Marvel shows. I hope that The Defenders and any new seasons will learn from past mistakes and improve upon. Right now the Netflix Marvel series are the best Marvel TV series, with only the recently cancelled Powers (Sony PSN) surpassing them.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 86 of 102 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]

While I enjoy a good Superhero movie or TV show, it never was "my" genre.

For me it's sci-fi and there is actually something I really looking forward too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 87 of 102 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]

@holger1405  yeah, Star Trek is back, though i understand that is not in the original timeline and i would love something that goes beyond Voyager.

I don't mind, as i am probably one of the few people that liked Enterprise (especially the last two seasons). I just hope that it will live up to all the hype.

If the original ST was quite decent from the start and TNG was following the same line, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise needed a few seasons to find their actual pace. They've tried to build the characters and the story a wee bit too much, but that led to the second halves of the series being absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, a lot of people did not stick around so much. 

And, dammit, i miss a Star Trek series. Hopefully, Discovery will be succesul enough to lead to a series that will follow the events from Voyager.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 88 of 102 (458 Views)

@ivrognard

@ivrognard wrote:

Star Trek is back, though i understand that is not in the original timeline

Actually it is set in the prime timeline. (So separate from the timeline of the new films.) But about ten years before Kirk.

@ivrognard wrote:

I don't mind, as i am probably one of the few people that liked Enterprise (especially the last two seasons). I just hope that it will live up to all the hype.

Well, now we are two. Wink Enterprise was, after the Original series, my favorite Star Treck TV show. It beat TNG in the last two seasons. The only thing that I don't liked about Enterprise was Scott Bakula as the Captain.

@ivrognard wrote:
If the original ST was quite decent from the start and TNG was following the same line, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise needed a few seasons to find their actual pace.

I liked DS9 from the beginning, but never got warm with Voyager. I'm not even sure why not. The only characters I cared for are B’Elanna Torres and Chakotay, plus Seven of Nine to some degree. (And no, it wasn't the suit. Wink )

ivrognard wrote:

And, dammit, i miss a Star Trek series.

Yes me too. So lets cross fingers. Thumbs up

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 89 of 102 (447 Views)

So, in the past two weeks i've managed to see Wonder Woman and Ghost in the Shell (the american live-action, with Scarlet Johansson).

I kind of enjoyed WW, but not as much as i hoped to (the reasons are really subjective here and are just my personal view): the movie had the opportunity to present and explore the Suffragettes movement and it didn't, the side characters were poorly developed (more like just thrown in) and Etta Candy was reduced to the Silver Age persona (Marston created a much stronger and better character, which only recently in the Rebirth story arc was brought back). Gal Gadot was surprisingly good in the role and looking forward to see her again in the same role. Combat looked nice on the screen, though it was a wee bit too much in the comic book style (personal opinion, again). The weakest things were the villain and the script, but for an introduction to the WW mythos, i'd say that was a decent effort. Overall, definitely the best DC Cinematic Universe movie at the moment, but it could have been so much better. It's enjoyable enough to warrant a proper view in a theatre.

GITS had the right vibe and the city looked amazing, basically becoming a character by its own. Scarlet was nice on the role and the story was decent. The movie is a visual delight and the soundtrack was fitting to the mood of the movie. Would have loved to see more of the side characters (the anime movies and series gave those ample development and they are a rather big part of the GITS stories). Overall, the movie was much better than i've expected, though i would have loved to see a japanese production. To be honest, i am not sure why people hated it so much. I am a fan of the japanese cyberpunk stories (Appleseed, GITS, Patlabor, Cyber City Oedo, Bubblegum Crisis, AD Police, Battle Angel Alita) and i did not felt as an offense the complete change of the origin story. Would have loved to see a live-action that was in line with the manga or the original anime movie?! Yes. That doesn't mean that i should trash a rather surprisingly decent effort. I've seen much worse movies and this is not one of those.  I would recommend it for its stunning visuals and for a decent story and acting. But, hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If you've seen any of those, let me know of what you think about those movies.

Message 90 of 102 (414 Views)