The King's Day Out: How's it going?

by pandareno1999

Original Post

The King's Day Out: How's it going?

[ Edited ]

I kind of dreaded getting into this month's boss hunt, as I remembered just how hard it was the last time.  Then I took a while to get used to commando corn again.  Despite playing with two of the best players I know, we beat normal just one time tonight (on our first round), giving up due to the time after three rounds with a random who went AFK for a while.  So I've only gotten to the silver hat. I hope you've had better luck!

Message 1 of 11 (724 Views)

Re: The King's Day Out: How's it going?

★ Apprentice

I have not had it yet .. I only had a diamond hat from the Yeti King Boss Hunt in January. But I still have time, and I have not been with my friends who are good at Boss Hunt. Frown

Message 2 of 11 (717 Views)

★★ Guide
Thanks to jiponwheels we beat this bossmode on crazy last time it showed up in the portal

. We still had one person on the friends list who doesn't have the scrumptious hat, so we decided to hit crazy right away and just failed miserably, although we had no problem with completing it on normal. ( 2 commando corns and 2 vamp sunflowers)

We may attempt crazy again sometime this weekend but I'm gonna cash in my quest stars for rainbow stars and sit this one out if at all possible.
Message 3 of 11 (712 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Too bad you don't have all variations of the Yeti King's Crown in your list, because after all, why should this unnecessary impossible level of difficulty be allowed to exist? Only very few players in the world have ever gotten all versions of the Crown; I'm one of those few people.

I will need 40 more rainbow stars to open the red chest, and another 50 to finish things with the weekend. But given this boss hunt's existence in our lives, who knows.

Message 4 of 11 (705 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The main problem with Kings Day Out is the constant risk of being frozen, and of course the typical problems of random matchmaking..

My luck with random matches this time around has been just as dreadful as last time, with people playing too aggressively, going AFK,  just flailing around the map without really participating and Sunflower players forgetting to actually  Heal anybody so I suspect that I'm being matched with children quite often. Hopefully my luck will perk up this weekend and I'll be able to get the last two hats for my collection.

Message 5 of 11 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I tried doing this a few times yesterday with random players. Most of the time we wouldn't even be able to get the Yeti King to spawn. I think that alot of the people have no idea what to do as they are completely new to the game. I just hit the 33rd badge while most of the people who I get matched up with don't even have the first badge :/. I guess i'll just wait for the next boss hunt as the crazy boss hunt trophy is the last one to get the full 100%. 

Hopefully I can get this boss hunt done on normal and get the normal version of the reward. 

Chill_Clinton

EDIT: Just finished it with an Electric Peashooter, 2x Sunflowers and ... a Camo Cactus o.O

Message 6 of 11 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am currently grateful that I've gotten all the hats from last time.  This time I can barely muster the patience to get all the stars banked for next week.  I've only managed to beat this on normal twice.  Most games are lost do to players disconnecting or going AFK and poor character choices or feign playing a sunflower only to switch.  Being frozen is the least of my concern.

That said, my biggest problem with this boss hunt is how limited your options are.  I'm sick of playing a Sunflower but you need two to win, not that i hate playing a Sunflower.  This hunt is not that hard its just not fun once you have all the hats and want to try new things.

Message 7 of 11 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice
We managed to beat crazy last night during last minute run after I finished work. There was me, mocomar, minty, and another player named ClumsyBirty. We used 2 commando corn, and 2 stuffy. For some reason stuffy worked WAY better than vamp in this hunt. We beat it without using team revive, still had plenty of revives left, and we still had 5minute-ish left.

Next time when yeti comes around and you're still up for it, I'm happy to help if you need me Standard smile
Message 8 of 11 (600 Views)

@redmichii I'm glad you guys were able to get it done in the end.  Those were a couple of very frustrating crazy rounds we played.  Thanks so much for all your helpful instruction last night!

Message 9 of 11 (591 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@pandareno1999 should have hit me up was around quite a bit this weekend.  @bigoldbagofcrap we did help Merard get the missing hat so your friend is covered Standard smile

Message 10 of 11 (577 Views)