The Community Thread

by BigPete7978

Original Post

Re: The Community Thread

EA DICE Team

Just a heads up that a thread detailing the latest Origin updates is now available on the News & Announcements section of the Origin forum:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Announcements/Origin-Spotlight-Notifications-and-Homepage-Updates/td-p...

Message 81 of 180 (826 Views)

@Straatford87 yeah, i love the new features. 

In other news, yesterday it was my first atempt to BF1 MP. I sucked, but i had fun. And it's been a while since i've played vs. MP. Can only hope for more hours of same. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 82 of 180 (817 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ivrognard 

Well we all have to start somewhere in every game's multiplayer. But you will get good the more you play. Thinking

Really enjoying the Titanfall 2 Frontier Defence. The new maps are fun, but I see very less players online on PC. At peak, it only shows 4000 players. It is easier to find players in Frontier Defence than other MP modes. And I haven't even tried the Colesium. I queued and it showed a wait time of 25 mins!!!

Also, did you guys hear of the controversy surrounding the Shadow of War, again? They have a paid DLC to honor one of the devs who passed away, and are donating $3.50 out of that $5 DLC to a charity. But it is only for certain states in USA. Everywhere else, they take the full amount. I was so excited about this game but they keep doing questionable stuff

Message 83 of 180 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Red_Hood_1810 heard about it. That was unexpected. After the microtransactions in SP, that...I mean, seriously, doesn't Warner has a PR department which is tasked to avoid this kind of stuff?! Now they will have to do the impossible to put that genie back in the bottle. 

Have yet to get Titanfall 2. And i doubt that i can get good at any MMOFPS. Mediocre, maybeStandard smile

Poor eyesight and reflexes aren't exactly encouraged for competitive gamingWink

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 84 of 180 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ivrognard  Luckily something like BF1 can be enjoyed even if one isn't that good a shot for example by doing support work. I usually encourage people who are just starting out to play Medic or Support and hand out health and ammunition to people and just follow the team and squad and play the objective. Pick up a Wrench for Support class and spawn in tanks and you can be a valuable tank crew member, too. Tanks often lack a full crew leaving them vulnerable. Many times a player that plays the objective and helps the team is more valuable than someone who's having a great K/D ratio if they do not care about anything else.

Oh, and good early advice also for BF-series - remember to spot ! If you see an enemy, place your crosshair on them and press Q. Even if you can't take them out, others can when they know where the enemy is. And with such a chaotic hide-and-seek simulator as BF1 is, knowing where an enemy is can be truly valuable.

I played BF1 yesterday basically over the night. Had a blast. The new maps seem good, for the most part, though I have to say few of the maps may not be as fit for Conquest as some.They all look pretty and work out well. Haven't gotten yet to try out the new guns too much but from what I've looked at them, they seem to fit in just great. Ironically to me the new specialization system is probably what I have been most interested in and I have been spending time unlocking those.

Oh, and I love the spear for the cavalry. I love using the cavalry and any customization options I welcome with an open heart. First time using it and already impaled someone, basically seems to work like a bayonette charge for horses. Didn't seem all that difficult as some people have made it sound like.

I have really been thinking about getting Titanfall 2 sometime. I've been looking at that BF1/Titanfall 2 pack and been feeling like "Man I should've waited" as I pre-ordered BF1, but eh, then again, I do like to usually consume one multiplayer title at a time.

As for the Shadow of War controversy : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-04-warner-bros-insists-it-wont-profit-from-the-shadow-of-w...

At least Warner gave Eurogamer a statement that "Neither Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment nor Monolith Productions will profit from any sales of the Forthog Orc-Slayer DLC regardless of the territory in which that DLC is sold." . While vague, that at least would imply that despite the small print, they are not looking for profit with the sales of that DLC.

Message 85 of 180 (796 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I actually haven't played BF1 in a while. I bet I will suck big time as well when I get back to it....... Secret But glad to hear that you had fun though - that's what it's all about!

Message 86 of 180 (784 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@RedFoxxie

While their intention with this DLC was good, the way they presented it is what caused the whole issue. With all the decisions they have taken with this game, it is hard to believe that they had no intention of making a profit. A small portion of the purchase is still going to them, and they haven't specified what exactly will happen with the money they make from the territories where it is not going for charity.

It seems like they deliberately want to sabotage this game. First they introduced Loot box system and microtransactions in a game that did not need it. The content of those loot boxes is not cosmetic, but actually impacts the game. They are also adding some multiplayer element to justify it. There are 3 editions on Steam, and the Forthog DLC is available but no mention of any money going to charity on the Steam Store.

All this just makes me wonder..Can we just have a decent single player game in 2017, which releases without any controversy and meets all the expectations set for it? Every day, it seems more unlikely.

Message 87 of 180 (771 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Red_Hood_1810

Yeah I know the rest of the controversy there. Even though I am gullible enough to trust Warner's word on the whole Forthog DLC, the rest of their decisions does not look too good on paper for sure. A shame always to see a great game being messed up with business practices. For example, Paradox's games would be an awesome example of this issue.

To me this whole thing feels like an issue with the publisher not being in touch with the modern gamers and setting up their bar too high. They've had before great success with licensed game titles like Batman-series and perhaps they figured they could try and milk the cow with all the Middle Earth fans. Warner has generally been rather greedy with their business practices always, trying to set the bar where things are priced rather high but not grossly overpriced to make everyone steer away from it. They've constantly been trying to push it to the limit and perhaps they this time around ended up finally stepping over it.

As for singleplayer games and 2017. There's been games that have been successful, too, even if not on PC.. For example, Nintendo had great success with LoZ - Breath of the Wild, Sony got lucky with Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.. Then there's always been small games for PC such as 20XX. But yeah, this year has overall been a year of scandals for gaming for sure. Games with bad business practices, DRM's, so on and so forth. I think half the reason to this is that the publishers have gotten greedy trying to gain more money out of their games as the last few years have spawned a lot of highly successful titles which could have been exploited perhaps even further.

Well, as an user, the best way to deal with this all is to vote with ones money. After all, a merchant ain't dumb for overpricing something if it sells. If people do not buy a product from a company, they realise it was a bad business practice.

Message 88 of 180 (766 Views)

@Red_Hood_1810 Well...Let's see: Divinity Original Sin 2, also available in DRM free version. Tyranny expansion, YS 8 and some more. But the big guys...nope. So far, their goal is to maximize profit and keep the shareholders happy. Which is understandable. Though i doubt that many shareholders would like negative publicity around the company they've invested hard money.

Message 89 of 180 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Since folks are talking about BF1 I'll drop a plug for Friday Night Battlefield: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Friday-Night-Battlefield-weekly-community-event-PC-Xbox-On... Wink

I agree about not needing to be a great shot with Battlefield games. On PC I'm not great at aiming and I routinely get outsniped, so I usually play Support so I can spam explosives (mortars needed the nerf but I loved them so much)  and throw a wall of bullets at any problems until they go away.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 90 of 180 (745 Views)