The Balancing Update Disappeared For PC Users!!!

by PurpleKudzu423

Original Post

Re: The PC Balancing Update Disappeared Friday

★★ Guide

Thank you! I have contacted everyone that I know to contact. I left messages on twitter for PVZ and Justin Wiebe, on facebook, on this forum in technical and general sections, contacted EA help center 4 times so far and so far nothing. I have ran as administrator, cleared cache, updated Origin, turned off firewalls and A/V, repaired game, uninstalled game and reinstalled, checked over and over for updates, ran again as administrator....and no update. The fact that its not just me tells me its not an issue with my individual PC. Frustrated because this update is really good and I was looking forward to the character changes, especially Scallywag and Breakfast.

Message 11 of 36 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]

EA staff doesn't check this forum all that frequently as far as I can tell. Fortunately I have access to a staff Slack group, so when game-breaking issues arise I can at least be sure that someone knows about it, and get updates. I was told that tomorrow someone would go through the staff logs to see if they can tell me anything.  I'd be willing to bet that they've been aware of the issue and trying to fix it.

I do have to be selective, else I become the boy who cried wolf.

p.s. Was the zomburbia bug fixed yet?  If so, my guess is this problem arose from fixing that one!

Message 12 of 36 (598 Views)

★ Expert

Pretty sure this is all PC users and I remember all the servers were down for like 30 minutes the night the patch came out (after which the patch was rolled back)...I've read elsewhere on youtube posts that it was causing crashing.  I'm the same and everyone I spoke to on my friends list was the same for PC.  It is very odd they haven't mentioned it anywhere yet.  I played all day when the patch was in effect and had no crashing issues but I assume many people were for them to take the servers down and rollback the patch.

Message 13 of 36 (570 Views)

★★ Guide

Gormey thank you so much for the info! Now I know its not just a few of us having the issue. What a relief. Now I can stop trying to figure out whats wrong.

Message 14 of 36 (559 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you pandareno1999 for all the info and help. I appreciate you taking the time to answer and try to assist! Greatly appreciated! Standard smile 

Message 15 of 36 (556 Views)

You're welcome.  Though I don't know how much good i can do, I can always try.  I did not hear back since last night.

Message 16 of 36 (550 Views)

Message 17 of 36 (534 Views)

★★ Guide

So I wonder when it will be fixed? Show us PCers some love PopCap.

Message 18 of 36 (528 Views)

★★ Guide

Gormey I think I just saw you in TV. Your Stuffy has gem claws? Small world dude.

Message 19 of 36 (522 Views)

★ Expert

If you saw Stuffy you were probably dead.

Message 20 of 36 (519 Views)