Re: Suggestion: AI no-play for disconnect/ragequit and concession

by AphidOfDeath

Original Post

Suggestion: AI no-play for disconnect/ragequit and concession

★★ Guide

Ever needed to do just two more damage to a hero in order to complete a quest?  Ever wanted to watch your awesome setup do its thing?  But then your opponent concedes or angrily resigns? I propose that once the game is underway (turn 3 or 4), if your opponent disconnects or concedes, the game continues with the AI not playing any cards including superpower tricks gained from blocks.  This wouldn't impact the quick-win scenario when your opponent drops out in the early game.

Message 1 of 5 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You can always start a new game.

Even on the campaing mode if you need to.

OH!! I needed 1 more shroom in order to complete my quest!!

You enter campaing mode, play a shroom, instantly concede.

Done.

Message 2 of 5 (400 Views)

★★ Guide

Which is what I do.

I'd prefer not to have to, especially when I'm on the verge of running late to get out the door to get to work.  "Sorry for being five minutes late boss.  Had to play another game just to play that last shroom in order to maximize my day's gem accumulation."  Of course that one time where I got my Double Mint up to triple digit disaster to quickly finish my "do 300 damage to heroes" quest didn't happen. Frown

Message 3 of 5 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AphidOfDeath wrote:

especially when I'm on the verge of running late to get out the door to get to work. 

Easy, start playing earlier.

Also:

@AphidOfDeath wrote:

running late to get out the door to get to work. 

That priorities.

Message 4 of 5 (369 Views)

★★ Guide

By the way, I'm not pointing out a problem, I'm offering a suggestion that I would like to see implemented because it's how I'd like to play.

While I've mulled over the subject, I've actually come up with a better idea than a "no-play AI" that can make me happy while not upsetting anyone who likes the status quo.  Whenever a user concedes or is disconnected, the popup reads something like:

Congratulations!

You've won!

Your opponent has withdrawn.

Would you like to continue playing?

[Yes] [No]

If a player just wants the win per usual and go on with life or a new game, they click "no".  Since we already have to click "ok", this does not add any extra burdens.

If anyone wants to continue playing for whatever reason they have, they click "yes" and finish the match against the AI using that person's deck.  Regardless of how things play out, the player is guaranteed the win.

Message 5 of 5 (347 Views)