Sticker price shock

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Sticker price shock

[ Edited ]

Well, I've finally hit that point at which you stop getting more than one sticker in a sticker pack.  I'm posting because I always wondered at what point this occurs.  It was when I hit being 1,400 stickers shy of filling the book.  One minute the 15K pack was feeding me four stickers, the next moment even the 35K only gave one.  40K gives two.

Message 1 of 15 (795 Views)

Re: Sticker price shock

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Wait until you get down there under the 1000 mark it gets even worse...good luck Frown

When you start getting to the point of 500 or so make sure you count your sticker book physically because I am still short 215 to fill it completely you do not want to keep buying if there are no stickers available Standard smile

Message 2 of 15 (791 Views)

Thanks for the tip, for some reason it didn't occur to me to look through the book.  Looks like I've got a lot of FF packs to buy.

Message 3 of 15 (777 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm no where close to that point but I had a theory someone may be able to confirm. People tend to buy the cheaper packs to fill up the sticker book, these guarantee a rare but that is all. Add to this the fact that most accessories have multiple levels that can only be found in succession. (Normal -> Silver -> Gold -> Diamond -> Gem?)

Anyway, I had a theory that the reason for the stranglehold is not bad programming or malice, (Which is odd, that is usually my go to with EA) instead I think it is due to Super Rares. See, people get the cheap packs and only sometimes get Super Rares, this leaves a massive backlog when you reach a certain point in collecting. (when you run out of commons, uncommons and rares) So, with only one Super Rare guaranteed and only in 35K+ packs it seems like a slow leak of collectables past a certain point. When in reality it is just the many Super Rares slowly being added one at a time and only when the previous level has already been collected.

I'm just trying to be optimistic. (Which is hard since each aspect of the game is rapidly becoming frustrating.) But, someone who is at the point of slow collecting would need to look into it. (It'll likely be months, or at least until the next discount days before I can check myself.)

Message 4 of 15 (765 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I just added all my stickers up that I'm missing for my 4 legendary characters, I'm on the debateful stage of stopping with the ZZ packs and only buying character specific packs.

I need 835 stickers to complete the citron, chomper, scientist and super brains packs. I'm missing 5 character stickers on this account.

I'm figuring instead of buying the ZZ packs which will give me stickers/customizations for the other 5 plant and 5 zombie packs I'll just narrow it down to 4 character specific packs.

Going the Normal way with buying Normal packs the chance is 0.17% to get all 5 character pieces with how many stickers I'm currently missing.

Going character specific packs my % increases to 0.60%

5 outta 835 isn't as bad as 5 out of 3000 lol

Also thinking about saying screw it and dropping $20 on some coin packs. Just to get a little boost
Message 5 of 15 (761 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
But also to think about, if I would do character specific packs and I unlock the character early that only increases my odds dramatically.

I think I'll save up all my coins until the super brains pack pops up.

I really need him to do the hypno flower quest as I do sorta suck with the mechanic.

I can't beat him in 1 goatify session. 😂
Message 6 of 15 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]

@zerodsm

I really recommend you just stick with the 35K or 40K packs to get the legendary character stickers.  It takes many, many millions unless you get extremely lucky.  I finished all the characters at around 30M spent and am just trying to fill up the sticker book at this point.

But maybe you're right, it's not like I've tried it several ways!  And maybe you're just keen to collect all the customizations for those particular characters?  

Message 7 of 15 (743 Views)

@Final_Zidane wrote:

I'm no where close to that point but I had a theory someone may be able to confirm. People tend to buy the cheaper packs to fill up the sticker book, these guarantee a rare but that is all.

The best book filling pack I found was the 15K pack.  Very often it would give up to two super rare and occasionally special items.  

Message 8 of 15 (741 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Standard items listed in the stickerbook have no letter next to them. Trouble In Zombopolis items are listed by the letters TIZ. The Trials of Gnomus items are listed by the letters CP - whatever that means. FrontLine Fighters items are listed by the letters FLF. Rux items are listed under the RUX name. Finally, Infinity Time items are listed by the letters IT.

For the Trials Of Gnomus items, it's such a chore trying to earn all of them. To earn all of them will take at least 18 months to collect them all. No-one has the time, so I strongly suggest to the dev team to add some new sticker packs to the sticker shop, one pack containing the Set items - as well as legendary ones - and another pack containing the GW1 classic items. Put them at a price point higher than most other packs, and make the two packs time-limited.

Message 9 of 15 (698 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@pandareno1999

I know character specific packs are the most expensive packs aside from infinity and phenomenal.

But you get 7 items instead of 5. I'm just wondering how many consumables are in that pack.

When I was buying the ZZ packs I was getting 2 consumables out of the 5 cards. But now it decreased to 1 consumable.

I'm just trying to avoid getting every customization for all characters, I just want them unlocked.
Message 10 of 15 (686 Views)