Starwars battlefront team ballancing

by Random223HUN

Original Post

Starwars battlefront team ballancing

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA

I have an issue with team ballancing on your Starwars Battlefront 3 product. Also I have an issue with a Walker Assault map named Twyllight on Hoth.

I would name it :

a) Non existant
b) Counter productive

A minute ago I was fighting against 2 good players. By good I mean they have unmatched skills. And the team ballance engine kept them together for 3 maps. And then added 2 other players with similar skills. So we were up against 5 top players and were toast from the beginning. It was * annoying. If I want an unfair fight, I play Dark Souls.

The measure I want you to take is "simple" A base programmer can do it in 2 minutes. I have no idea how you didn't fix it since you published your game. I believe the one who made the decision was... stupid. I know perfect ballancing cannot be achieved, but still, you weren't even trying. 

1) So you have 2 groups. 1 map takes 2 matches. The game counts the score the player reaches in the game mode not counting the victory score and makes an average of the last 2 they made on the previous map. And then it remembers for the next time the player logs in. Simple?
2) Now you have 2 arrays you want to merge in descending order. 
3) Now every odd on the list goes to team A and even to team B when the new map is set.
4) Also the game counts the summ of the group's score. So when new players join, the server can do a relative ballancing on where to put the players if the numbers in each team are the same. This last part is required, since sometimes 14 are fighting against 18 on big maps... This is less annoying.

About the Walker assault Twillight map, we all HATE IT! 

I would like to have it out of the map rotation. Only on Walker Assault. Win rate is 90% for the empire. I want you to redraw the second and third part from the scratch. Namely: I want you to place both uplink further on from the empire, both in the entrances of the cave or close by it, on the spot where the control points are put in Control Point.. My reason is that 30% of the time the rebels can't make more than 2 Y wings.  the rebels cannot reach the 2 turrets, have no sight on the walker where they spawn, the ATST rules the ground with ATAT, 2/3 of the team has to get out of the cave. It is a mess. That is for the second part. And I want you to place the last uplinks on the ice and do up some rock formations. The last section is way too short, the empire "has the high ground", the uplinks cannot be defended due to how far they are from the spawn and the imperials have a flat view on the whole map. By the time we get to attack the walker, the turrets are useless. Also the turrets on the ice can't even see the walker. The one on the left side atop the rock cannot be reached, the other on the right side is overrun easily by the empire. 

So I want you to take either action:
a) You remove the map from rotation
b) Redraw it. 

Message 1 of 3 (383 Views)

Re: Starwars battlefront team ballancing

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @Random223HUN

Thank you for feedback!  I advise you post any suggestions and feedback on official Star Wars Battlefront forums http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums  

Answer HQ is a player-to-player support forum, so if you will be have any questions about EA Games and Origin, please visit EA Answer HQ.

Message 2 of 3 (372 Views)

Re: Starwars battlefront team ballancing

★★★ Newbie

Really.... I jjust RAGE QUIT YOUR GAME. AGAIN! The 5 top players in 1 team and when the 6th joined - who beat the * out of my whole team yesterday - put him into the same OP team. Yes, yesterday they were also stacked up and they will fight together the next time and so on. I guess this is the INVITE THE FRIEND style. It is * GAME BREAKING!!!! AND I HATE EA FOR IT!!!

Let me reiterate myself. I don't care how OP my opponent is, I don't care if the odds are high. BUT I DO * CARE IF I HAVE TO FIGHT THE SAME OP TEAM AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. 

There supposed to be a team ballancing system.  

So I'm asking the question: What the * I supposed to write to you/EA to have this fixed???

Message 3 of 3 (361 Views)