Re: StarWars Battlefront anti-hack update

by Straatford87

Original Post

StarWars Battlefront anti-hack update

★★★★★ Novice

Why is it that EA, doesn't bother setting the bar high enough so game hackers doesn't get kicked within a day? and letting their suppliers know that when they develop and sell a game through Origin anti-hack updates must come at a regular basis until these bugs/hacks/breaches has been fixed.

It would be so nice if EA startet to think about this.

But I guess that EA is just as big a coward to their game developers as those who cheats in games like StarWars Battlefront and other games.

It would send rings in the water if EA had the guts to insert game admins, like in Counter-Strike and other Steam games. So the first time they get kicked, second time they get banned for a week. Third Time, TOO BAAD you payed for the game but still didn't played by the rules.

But I guess EA is just to much a giant coward to go that route, since money probably and always will talk more than fairplay gaming.

I just wish the community of Origin players layed pressure on EA, and that EA had game-admins following, gamers that, there has been complaints against.

With online gaming taking over so much, it will come to a point where you have to decide if you should actually treat these online platforms like a country with rules and laws in some sort.

Where you get punished for violating the Anti-.hacking law.

EA has the mucles to lay pressure on the game industry to take actions and use some ressources in kicking the worst cheaters out. And it should'nt matter if they were family to someone working with EA or their business partners.

THERE ARE MANY GAMERS OUT THERE TIRED OF YOUR (EA) PASSIVE LAIDBACK attitude.

A place to start would be to lay pressure on DICE to update starwars battlefront with an Anti-Hack package.

Message 1 of 6 (985 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ME-Turian

Hi,

I will reply to your questions with another question:

What if we did insert game-admins like you mentioned, which leads to you falsely being banned because you were so good that other players thought you were cheating?

Message 2 of 6 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I understand why you ask that question and I understand the concern behind it.
You are afraid that someone will be wrongly banned from a game, because of skill.

1#
I can't assume that you are familiar with STEAM VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat System).
That works pretty well.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-RADZ-6869

And it has eliminated most of the cheaters in the Counter-Strike community.
Along with software updates this has helped a lot.

2#
A country or government doesn't stop convicting criminals, because of the fear of convicting innocent people.
America and other governments are solid proove of that.
In this context a ban from a game IS NOT a death sentence it is merely a message to that person STOP cheating
AND STOP RUIN THE BLOODY GAME FROM OTHERS.

LEARN IN STEAD OF CHEATING.

3#
Along with a software service like VAC, you could use video software to record a specific time estimate or an admin could zoom in and choose to follow a player during a gameplay,
and flag last 5 minutes of gameplay because within those 5 minutes the game admin has seen something that should be looked at further.

4#
Most games is played via digital platforms and the reason for that was, people was hacking and cracking game cd's, dvd's and so on.
Then Steam came along and suddently it was a bit harder to crack a game and play it for free.
Because gaming companies was tired of loosing money to people who sold copies of the games and therefore they were stealing money from the game developers.

Now gaming has moved on to the digital platforms, and as I see it EA must start to react against people who on purpose makes fun games unpleasant to play becasue a few idiots destroy it for the many.

5#
Let me ask you this:

who are the largest group of costumers, the cheaters or the none-cheaters?
and how long a period from a cheater gets reported to he stops cheating or is banned is the timeframe for this?
and how much money must ea loose until they acknowledge that there few but effective tools to end it and earn more money because they do something about cheating?

[Edit: Caps Lock removed]

Message 3 of 6 (955 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ME-Turian

That's a great write-up! Thanks for sharing.. :-)

I'll be sure to forward your thoughts & suggestions to the team.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 6 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Along with you sharing my thoughts. I would also direct your focus on a player who joined a game today.

He wrote the EA hasn't banned cheaters in 3 months!

I suggest you guys get serious about ban people on regular basis, WHEN THEY CHEAT. not 6 months later.

Grow up EA and face reality or is it all run by cowards hiding behind excel sheets.

Message 5 of 6 (926 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ME-Turian

Hi,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, but this topic is now going towards an unproductive discussion - I will therefore close this topic.

Do note that we don't openly share all our ban activities. It can also happen that a single player slips through the net of getting caught. What this does mean is that another player is not a good source to find out about action that we've taken against cheaters.

Message 6 of 6 (920 Views)