Re: Star Wars Battlefront SEASON PASS - Is it worth it?

by Sarpaug

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront SEASON PASS - Is it worth it?

★★★ Novice

I just got the Season Pass for Star Wars Battlefront. After several attempts over a few days, I have not been able to find a match. Nobody plays the expansion modes. Zero. There is no option to play it by myself either. It would have been nice if I could play are Multiplayer modes offline. What is EA going to do about this? If none, can I get a refund?

Message 1 of 8 (1,289 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's a tough one—as always, it greatly depends. The DLC content you get to enjoy consistently and reliably (i.e., offline) is limited to the additional hero characters, which you can use in the SP Battles and Missions. As for the MP maps & modes, they are definitely fun and gorgeous to look at, but it can take some time to find a game. Once you do, they're a blast. But unless you like playing SWBF online, you're not getting an awful lot of content for your money.  

Message 2 of 8 (1,262 Views)

★★★ Novice

You got it too? So I'm not the only one having a hard time playing the expansion modes. That's a relief...and a heart breaker. I wouldn't have gotten it just for the additional hero characters. I guess I was lucky it was on sale. Hope EA could do something about it soon. Thanks!

Message 3 of 8 (1,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup, couldn't resist the holiday sale in the end... and at that price, I don't regret it, either, in spite of the frequent wait for online games in the DLC modes. Using the hero characters in offline games is actually quite fun--Bossk being one of the unexpected treats. Who knew that a character who had about 20 secs of screen time in the movies would be so cool to play?  

Message 4 of 8 (1,243 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I nabbed the [Xbox One] Star Wars Battlefront DLC over Christmas as well and personally think it was really worth it, but only because I'm not having any trouble finding matches.  Very recently, my bandwidth was improved to a reliable 3MB per second so I am now able to play online.  Before, the connection was too unstable and I was often relegated to offline modes.  Skirmish was a godsend but it was limited.   Multiplayer is so much fun now!   Only once or twice have I looked for a particular match (like Cargo) in the new DLC and not found anything.  I just back out and make a general DLC playlist search and am hooked up right away.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

I bought this game more than a year ago and am only now having a blast with it.  The combination of updates, Hutt Contracts, New DLC maps and modes, heroes and my improved bandwidth have all helped redeem the game in my eyes.  Even the base maps are fun for me now.   I would heartily recommend the game and the DLC to everyone unless you have poor internet or there aren't enough players online.  Then the DLC is a definite pass.  Thing is, without the DLC you're only getting half a game in my opinion.    If the player count ever evaporates for the DLC maps I hope EA make them and all modes available in Skirmish.

Message 5 of 8 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! I am relieved to know that there is hope for me to play the DLC! I'm a big Star Wars fan. Maybe there just weren't so many players here in our region during the time that I logged on (holiday season)? Whatever it is, I look forward to trying again this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes! I really love the game though. Hope they would implement single player campaigns in SWBF2! I'll drop Dota 2 for that one!

Message 6 of 8 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i wanted to play the offline modes but nope.. They swindled me too man. I hope they hear us and update offline mode with DLC maps. Please.

Message 7 of 8 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

Were you deceived? HAHA! I thought the fault was also on me because I didn't check the features beforehand. But no, we all must be able to play offline at least. Especially now that we found it's difficult to find people to play with online.

Message 8 of 8 (1,169 Views)