Someone was in my backyard?!

by Fluffycat42

Original Post

Someone was in my backyard?!

★★ Guide

So... my husband and I were playing with 2 randoms in Garden Ops and we returned to my backyard. 

Someone appeared in my backyard randomly when we got there.

*My husband and I don't have anyone added on our friends' lists besides eachother. 

*The person who appeared in my backyard was not in the Garden Ops game that we were playing. 

A thing to note, they left pretty much immediately... so, I am not really sure if this was a glitch or someone was doing some sort of hacking of some sort. Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 16 (850 Views)

Re: Someone was in my backyard?!

I haven't seen anything like this happen in quite a long time.  I used to get a glitch where if I sent someone a friend request in a lobby after a game and they accepted, they would be pulled into my back yard after.  

Weird things happen every now and then.  There was one occasion when one other player and I were, upon searching for an online garden ops game, put into a SOLO ops mission that had been started by a third person.  We all went with it.  He had already spawned his three AI team mates, so we had a total of six plants in that ops match!  He told me on mic afterward that he had recorded the game and planned to send it along to Popcap.  I really wish we had exchanged info so I could have seen and shared it, it was quite an experience.

Message 2 of 16 (843 Views)

Check your permissions on your world menu.  I'll bet you have your backyard set to "public."

Message 3 of 16 (833 Views)

★★ Guide

My backyard is set to Friends Only.. 

Message 4 of 16 (826 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have had this happen before. Set your worrld options to Invite Only before you enter an online match. That solved it for me, I had about one person each game follow me into my backyard because I was in a YouTube video or something...

Message 5 of 16 (813 Views)

@Fluffycat42 wrote:

My backyard is set to Friends Only.. 

Ok then, I'll stand by my original opinion of "glitch."

Message 6 of 16 (808 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Stranger Danger! Call the police!!!
Message 7 of 16 (783 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Next time something like this happens, post it in the Bugs section. Better help may come there.

Message 8 of 16 (773 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sometimes players in ops can come with you to your backyard. I dont know for sure what triggers it. It's no hack. Make some friends on the game. It makes it fun.

Message 9 of 16 (733 Views)

★★ Guide

I stated that the person was not in my OPS match. 

Message 10 of 16 (681 Views)