Share your gaming setup

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Share your gaming setup

★ Apprentice

"I'm still young, so I've set that as a life goal.. ;-)

--Tom"

Goals are what make life worth living and keeps it interesting! Cool

Message 61 of 84 (506 Views)

★★ Pro

@Ghimmy51

Doesn't have to be 4k IMHO. Dont get me wrong 4k is nice but I rather have a 1080p or 2k monitor and be able to run full maxed graphics with out having to spend the extra cost on a gpu + to back a 4k monitor up. I run my U3014 with a gtx 1080 and i can run all games fully maxed and its still looks nice and "crispy" lol. Just my 2 cents and i am certainly not knocking those who have a 4k monitor ether btw. I use lumasharpening via Reshade and it makes games so clean and sharp as well with out taking more resources. Like EA_Tom says you have a great setup indeed and got a really great performing / balanced system going on there.

@BadJasper

Jeez man as a tech addict myself i was drooling reading your setup and tech talk lol. Great build there my friend. I dig it. Its really cool to see some ahem' slightly older" gamers like myself out there , or on here. I totally get  where you are coming from. I was late 30s before i was able to start building my dream setup. It takes time and hard work to get to a point in your life where your career finally takes off and you can spend money in order to build your dream setup. IMHO its more the a game setup for many . For me its pride in the building of , learning about and the tech behind the gaming rig and room sort of speak. It is a great hobby indeed.

@Straatford87

Thanks for the shout out on my room. As well , being young affords you the time to gather ideas from gamers like my self ,BadJasper  and others to create your own vision with the latest affordable tech. I always enjoy it when i see others finally being able to realize their own dreams. Soon my friend before you know it you will build a rig like no others has ever witness . It took me a good while before i even decided on what i wanted to go with . With tech changing so fast its a task that needs careful thought and time IMO

Message 62 of 84 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi all mix old school and new stuff.

Case is old school LanBoy Air Blue (humongous space)

Mobo is GigaByte H270 Gaming 3, love those rgb leds!!!

CPU is Intel i7 7700k,

32 GB 2133  ram mem for now.

3 spare 1 TB drives.

Killer Control LAN setup. (gaming)

Gaming Cherry blue switch keyboard, more rgb leds.

1200 watt power supply.

Dual 21 inch monitors (third one there not hooked up Standard smile )

Nvidia 1050 video card, (for now Standard smile )

Tons of little mods on case, lots of blinky glowing  LED's Standard smile ( maybe over 500)

Constantly upgrading stuff, (was using leds before anyone started modding with them Standard smile )

Message 63 of 84 (497 Views)

★ Pro

Corsair Obsidian 650D case (1x240mm side intake fan, 1x200mm front intake fan, 1x120mm exhaust fan back, 2x120mm exhaust fans top)

Corsair TX950 PSU

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2 motherboard

AMD FX-9590 8Core + Thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual

16GB Dual-channel DDR3 1600MHz C9 Corsair Vengeance

120GB Kingston HyperX SSD (boot drive, Windows 10 Pro)

1 TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD (application drive)

1 TB WD Blue sata (storage)

LG Bluray/DVD combo drive

MSI Armor GTX1080 8GB

Sound Blaster Zx + Cambridge Soundworks Digital 2.1 speaker system

Asus PB278 27" 1440p 60Hz IPS

650d.JPG

Message 64 of 84 (484 Views)

★ Apprentice

Gotta love Asus!

Message 65 of 84 (479 Views)

★★ Pro

I have a reclining chair, xbox one and controller in my hand ! Tbh my preferred way to game even though I have a PC for titles that don't make it to xbox.

Message 66 of 84 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Doesn't really matter how extravagant or how minimal a setup is. If it works, you're happy and, it does what you want, that's all that counts. Gaming is all about fun! Let me put it this way. The first time I played a video game, believe it or not, was in 1975. I was living in Texas and the local watering hole (Back then, you could have your whole family in a bar) had Pool, pinball, darts, etc. But, one day, we went in and seen this little table with a TV screen in it and 2 little knobs on it. Turns out, it was a video game. PONG. 1st game I ever played. Dropped a lot of quarters in it. The point is, it was a simple black and white screen with a dot and two lines on it. It was controlled with that little wheel. It was VERY simplistic but, I was hooked. Compared to what we have now, it was just a box but, it was all it took to give me hours of enjoyment and, it followed me as I got older. Enjoy everything you have. Enjoy Everything you play. That's what it's all about!

THIS is what started me on my path....

Message 67 of 84 (460 Views)

★★★ Pro

My system is about 4 years old (and it's practically my lovechild)

Case is a Thor

CPU: 3.7ghz I-7 4820k

GPU: Geforce GTX Titan X

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive: 2.4tb ssd

(had to chop up these pics, as the file sizes are to big)

Rig 1.jpg Rig 2.jpg

Message 68 of 84 (439 Views)

★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

My system is about 4 years old (and it's practically my lovechild)

Case is a Thor

CPU: 3.7ghz I-7 4820k

GPU: Geforce GTX Titan X

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive: 2.4tb ssd

(had to chop up these pics, as the file sizes are to big)

Nice, any particular reason you haven't upgraded to Win10 (you can still for free, in case you did not know)?

Message 69 of 84 (437 Views)

Community Manager

@Vellu78

I still use Win7 on my home machine and see no reason to upgrade Standard smile

barry.png
Message 70 of 84 (435 Views)