Share your gaming setup

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Share and discuss your gaming setup

@master2gwhat i like at the Gigabyte motherboards is the dual bios. If your bios gets corrupted for some reason (power failure, bad bios update and so on), you can restore the initial bios from the backup. That feature saved me two times on my previous PC (once was a power surge and once i've lost the connection to the internet when i was updating the bios). MSI is another solid performer, i have two friends which are big fans of the company and they never had troubles with their hardware (well, except old ageStandard smile)

In our days, Asus seems to have quite a few problems. Hardware failure, very few options, poor documentation. Gigabyte manuals are now online only, but they are there well documented, while Asus documentation doesn't seem to explain anything - they assume that everyone is a computer expert. Also, Asus usually doesn't bother to list compatible hardware.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 31 of 84 (572 Views)

Re: Share your gaming setup

EA DICE Team

@yahel_1

Thanks! I had to save up extra for the water cooler, but as you only buy a PC every few years, I thought it was worth it Standard smile

@master2g

Thank Gary - and yes, you made sense.. :D

Also, gaming is a hobby, so I saved up a long time to get my current setup. It's similar to how you've saved up or invested a lot of time into your gaming rooms. It's all worth it in the end!

Note: we had another thread about a gaming setup, so I merged the threads into one. That's why there's suddenly new replies.

@master2g @ivrognard @yahel_1 @mathematics654 @Fred_vdp

If you could go for any gaming set up that you wanted, what would it be? It doesn't have to be realistic, just go with your dreams on this one.. Standard smile

Also, don't feel limited to naming the parts that would be in your PC. Instead, also try thinking about what the room would look like, the furniture etc. 

Message 32 of 84 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Straatford87

My dream game system will be including two devices, an Xbox one S (or scorpio if EA will make VR games to this platform) and a PC that ran both older and newer games without compitabilty issues, it will also have two screens, one HD 22" TV which will be connected to both the Xbox and the PC, and an old 14" 4:3 CRT screen which will be connected only to the PC (old games look better in 4:3),

About the room, I will have a large red computer chair (with the wheels) so it will be easy to move closer when I'm using the PC and far when I'm using the Xbox, and good wi-fi since Mobile games really complete the packege for me

Message 33 of 84 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Straatford87

Ok you merged the posts , now that makes more sense. I was thinking to my self how did i manage to miss those posts. So my mind is till some what stable and im not losing it  lol. Thats a comfort :P

@mathematics654

nice virtual build , i could picture it easily .

Well i know this is going to sound corny but I am going to say it. Honestly I really have the dream build I have always wanted for the most part already but since we are using virtual unlimited got money to burn cash then i,l change up some stuff . I guess i would replace my EVGA gtx 1080 with a couple of top tier 1080 TI , replace my Dell U3014 30 inch with a 40 to 50 inch OLED 4K monitor. Run a Intel Core i7-7700K with a matched Gigabyte mother board up from my I7 4770K and Asus Z87. Basically i would put more time into custom building a clean looking and matched PC case. Probably with a black , light blue and white color scheme. For my room i would paint it a different color than white and add some medium sized poster scans  of some of the games cover art that i have in my collection on the walls around the room. Get a more top end PC chair and maybe add a gaming buttkicker setup to my existing sound system.  Standard smile

Or if i really wanted to go full out bad azz,  super tech , chick approved gaming room i would do one like this bad boy right here. I would also add a polished aluminum shift knob to the top of the plunger handle for that added touch :P

DC41qfb.jpg

Message 34 of 84 (541 Views)

Hero

@Straatford87 wrote:

If you could go for any gaming set up that you wanted, what would it be? It doesn't have to be realistic, just go with your dreams on this one.. Standard smile

The Large Pixel Collider designed to look like the Ark of the Covenant.

http://www.pcgamer.com/lpc-video/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 35 of 84 (534 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Cool setups, everyone! Mine is rather humble one, more a work in progress, with all the constant movings. But whatever is the setup, one thing remains unchanged, my trusty Razer mouse. Never leave home without it!

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 36 of 84 (516 Views)

Community Manager

The Large Pixel Collider: "irresponsibly powerful" - Lol Standard smile

Trying to decide if I like the enclosure, cool nonetheless.

barry.png
Message 37 of 84 (513 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654

That sounds like an absolutely lovely room. Definitely a nice place to game and relax.. Standard smile

@master2g

That picture... Party hat

The 4k setup your were talking about is insane though. Imagine the gaming power you can push out with that thing!

@Fred_vdp

I really applaud the commercial they made for that system. Fueled by the blood of PC gamers... LOL

Message 38 of 84 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Fred_vdp

Thats a nice find.! That PC ranks right up there with Jennifer Aniston. What ? well it does. :P

@Straatford87

Oh and add in all SSDs to , one 240gb for OS and another 3 one TB one for storage and games.

LOL, that is indeed a gaming room. Id probably get pooped out gaming in there all the time though.Large smile

see what i did there...pooped out " tired "...comedy gold right.....anyone ?? ..yeesh, tough crowd.

hqdefault.jpg

Message 39 of 84 (486 Views)

★★ Pro

Was dreaming ultimate screens today . Here is some sweet setups for sure. Crazy screen tech isnt it. Standard smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBE16eBJK6E

Message 40 of 84 (470 Views)