Rustbolt Zoo Deck

by jakeman102201

Original Post

Rustbolt Zoo Deck

★ Guide

Before you read into this, I will tell you I have only playtested the free to play version of this deck, so I can't predict the success rate of this, but please, do try it, because it looks so fun, and I'm wondering if I should save up to craft some cards from it. Without further ado...

Hero: Rustbolt(irreplaceable for this deck)

Decklist:

4x Leprechaun Imp 

4x Zombie Middle Manager

4x Camel Crossing

4x Cell Phone Zombie

4x Regifting Zombie

4x Jurassic Fossilhead

4x Stompadon

4x Going Viral

4x Parasol Zombie

4x Intergalactic Warlord

Total Crafting Cost: 56,800 Sparks

Overview:

The whole point of this deck, as is with all zoo decks, is to buff up all of your guys, and make them unstoppable, and big, while having a lot down at the same time. However, this deck excels much more during the late game than most zoo decks, and its curve is filled in nicely, at 12, 12, 8, 4, 4, from 1 to 5 brains respectively, making it so you can play something each turn. There is also nice card draw in the deck, with leprechaun imp, cellphone zombie and regifting zombie, which pays off nicely if you can correctly time your stompadons. I will admit, cell-phone zombie is a bit awkward of a card to be in the deck, but I was trying to get more professional zombie synergy to definitively get jurassic fossilhead to be able to evolve. I feel like he works better than conehead, zombology teacher, and planetary gladiator, simply because of the drawing of a card, but feel free to further test with other cards, because there is definitely an option lurking out there that I failed to find.

Strategy:

Honestly pretty basic, get down a bunch of small creatures, buff them on the battlefield with going viral and camel crossing, buff the ones in hand with stompadon, buff all with intergalatic warlord, protect them with parasol zombie, all while drawing a bunch of cards. I feel like this could be a very fun deck, so please tell me what you think, especially what the best sub is for cell-phone zombie, because I like that he synergizes nicely in the deck, but something about having him in the deck feels....off. Anyways, happy playing, and leave all thoughts and suggestions below!

(P.S. I know I said I played free to play with this deck, but it really broke down without having the key cards to the deck, so don't waste you time trying to make a budget version of this)

Have a good day! Standard smile

Message 1 of 14 (1,436 Views)

Re: Rustbolt Zoo Deck

★★ Pro
It's always nice to see, you know what I mean...but I am about five shy so I can't give you a screenshot. Sorry
Message 2 of 14 (1,427 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I actually created a pretty similar deck when the expansion came out xD

Screenshot_2017-10-13-15-00-52.png

I only have one Fossilhead (sadly) and no Stompadon, but the strategy is pretty much the same.

I like to include the Medic and the Landscaper to have a more control-oriented deck, and because both are actually professionals, they have synergy with the Middle Manager.

Message 3 of 14 (1,416 Views)

★ Guide

Looks much fun I will test it now ! Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (1,390 Views)

★ Guide

@Dave058182 How did the testing go?

Message 5 of 14 (1,361 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can highly recommend Stompadon, @Azombioso, he works really well in any deck with lots of card draw or conjuring. Play a Triplication or Pot of Gold and watch him Go-Nuts!

I got one in a multipack and after I saw him work his magic on the zombies in my hand, I went and crafted two more!

Btw, the Rustbolt deck that you posted a while ago, it's my main deck now, with a few tweaks now that Colossal Fossils is out!

Message 6 of 14 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Really strong I just don’t like if my opponent draws two cards that kind of scary. And I like removal to have more control so I changed it a bit.

EDIT: - 2 draw two cards zombie / + 2 draw two cards trick

Message 7 of 14 (1,342 Views)

★ Guide

Glad to hear it, will love to try it once I acquire the sparks. And good ole cell-phone zombie made your cut! Standard smile haha

Message 8 of 14 (1,327 Views)

★★ Pro
If you are playing Rustbolt and stompadon, triplication is almost a must have, at least I think so. Considering that you get three zombies all 3/3 buffed, as well as any zombies in your hand. Be wary of smarty though, because a bounce back and they obviously go back to original stats.
And all this dinoroar uproar definitely made leprechaun even more valuable. Has been a staple in every brainy deck I have built since getting my leprechauns.

Smarty legendary that coming in triassic is bird of paradise. Amphibious and like 4/5 or something like that and conjures a superpower at the start of the turn! Badaboom
Message 9 of 14 (1,314 Views)

★ Guide

Wow smart thinking bro didn't think of that. Yeah that is a must have can't believe I didn't think of that

Message 10 of 14 (1,300 Views)