Revive on the move?

by Berit

Original Post

Revive on the move?

★ Guide

Ive seen it been done several times on youtube. But most of them play consol. I listened to how to do it but I just cant do it.
I play on PC. Is it something that can only be done on consol.
I know there is a trick to it, just cant get it right.

Message 1 of 6 (581 Views)

Re: Revive on the move?

[ Edited ]

Hi @Berit -

Although I play on console, due to other's comments I'm quite sure it can be done on PC as well.  It's a simple concept that is difficult for the fingers to execute.  You need to be moving towards the player your are trying to revive and still moving when the prompt appears for reviving.  While still moving, press and hold down the button for reviving, followed immediately by jumping repeatedly.  All the while maintaining your motion, which should be away from enemy fire, ideally to behind cover.  I can only pull it off a certain percentage of the time that I attempt it.  But it is well worth continuing to practice to gain proficiency.  In many situations, it is the only way for reviving to be worth attempting.  You can "carry" someone from under fire to cover while reviving them, keeping yourself alive and not reviving the other player under fire.  If you are going to die when reviving, or if the player you're reviving will be in a line of fire, there is no point in attempting to revive.

FYI, this is commonly referred to as "swooce" reviving.

Message 2 of 6 (569 Views)

Champion (Retired)
He's absolutely right. I play console, but my son plays PC. He said it's pretty much the same, although on PC jumping over the vanqued, and holding the heal button as you're mid air over top of them holds much more momentum.
Message 3 of 6 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think one of the reasons this is so tricky to pull off is that there is really no practical way to practice it when not under pressure.  Maybe playing solo ops with underpowered AI team mates that are likely to die, but even then you will be under pressure from the enemies that killed the team mate in the first place.

@dwooten77 please let me know if you know of a good way to practice this technique.

@Berit even just jumping repeatedly in place while reviving is a little safer than just standing there.

Message 4 of 6 (541 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@pandareno1999 Under pressure it's all on assessing the value and aiming for cover. Using abilities is a must other than a flower or scientist going in. If I'm not a medic I don't usually attempt it unless there's a drop or significant deterrent I can aim for. Unfortunately there are too many variables I can think of to call the best way. Realitysquared might have a better way to simplify it. With AI's if there's something you can put down, that will deter 30 to 50% of the wave temporarily.
Message 5 of 6 (526 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Just hit the revival button and the jump button at the same time. For me it is E+Space while i hold W. After that i just hold E for the revive and hit Space for the jumps.

I'ts not hard to do after a bit of training.

Keep in mind that the momentum will push you in one direction, so chose the angle from which you approach.

Luckily Popcap fixed the instant-death issue i reported so allies do get warped to you once revived. This can be even used to jump down behind cover while reviving someone, so they don't take damage once back up again.

Message 6 of 6 (473 Views)