Request to Swap Boss Hunt this month to Spooky Squash

by asukojo

Original Post

Request to Swap Boss Hunt this month to Spooky Squash

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Arch

The end of October, we have Halloween with a lot of Pumpkin and scary things. It's the right theme for Spooky Squash boss hunt.

Why we should Swap Boss Hunt this month to Spooky Squash ?

1. It's the right theme (Halloween) for the end of October.

2. This will set the rotation correctly every year. 12 months/4 boss hunt = 3 cycles.

We started this boss hunt on October last year. We should set this cycle correctly this year as well and will be the same for next year. So Spooky Squash will always come on October every year !

3. It's time for Zombies boss hunt so either Spooky Squash or Gnome brothers, doesn't really matters.

So please, strongly consider this request as community has been crying for it.

If the community agree, please say it as well by giving XP or "Me too" and express your opinion about it.

Message 1 of 15 (1,310 Views)

Re: Request to Swap Boss Hunt this month to Spooky Squash

★★★★★ Guide

Spooky squash happened just a few weeks ago so i doubt they will swap out the next boss hunt to bring back a boss hunt that had already happened not too long ago. Even if it does fit the Halloween theme

Message 2 of 15 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes, please. I would really appreciate that, and as pointed out it would fit rotation correctly in the future.

@superxmario128 wrote:

Spooky squash happened just a few weeks ago so i doubt they will swap out the next boss hunt to bring back a boss hunt that had already happened not too long ago. Even if it does fit the Halloween theme

This is true but they could always double up boss hunts next month as a one time balance. That would put Spooky squash and Sasquatch in their proper place leaving only Yeti and Gnomes to be corrected. Given these events are meant to spice up the game, having a fitting boss for the season is really important to me.

Message 3 of 15 (1,269 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes Popcap, Spooky squash should be happening this month. 

Message 4 of 15 (1,230 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

One is mystified as to why they didn't swap these around a little so this one is here for Halloween and the Yeti King is closer to the December holiday season. If I recall correctly they've been in the same order since all 4 were added but surly swapping a couple around to have the holiday themed 2 close to their appropriate holiday would make more sense.

Message 5 of 15 (1,224 Views)

★ Guide

this event can be seen with good ideas to switch and bad ideas to switch, it also depends on point of view. 

reasons for not changing:

the first reason that it may not be spooky squash is that halloween is not as popular as in the united states. (i can say that for  i am one of the few people who does not live in North America) in other countries, it is not as popular. It's not all about you North America. 

reasons for changing:

a good reason for changing is that so the GW2 community is going to say, that the input from EA and popcap is starting to get sloppy and disorganized. also incase EA or poppa read this, the line above, does not reflect my actual opinion. 

the last reason is that if they change the community will be happy and will keep playing happily and the game can keep its good reputation.

all those are good views on the current event/ social crisis involving spooky squash. if you think I missed one add more and quote this line.

Message 6 of 15 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Guide

@NerdBunker_Sam wrote:

this event can be seen with good ideas to switch and bad ideas to switch, it also depends on point of view. 

reasons for not changing:

the first reason that it may not be spooky squash is that halloween is not as popular as in the united states. (i can say that for  i am one of the few people who does not live in North America) in other countries, it is not as popular. It's not all about you North America. 

You have a point, then again Americans are the type to think it is all about them... That aside, it is correct many countries don't celebrate Halloween the way we do here. However, I think it is a matter of best fit. On the one hand you have a gnome event that doesn't fit any season anywhere. On the other you have a Squash event that fits North American halloween. Wouldn't something be better than nothing? Besides, they are already doing the Lawn of Doom event, it would be silly to ignore the Squash on the grounds of the rest of the world isn't celebrating it. (Why do one without the other?)

Message 7 of 15 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Roger to comment the boss hunt for October.

Should we follow Halloween and Lawn of Doom theme or the broken (out of synch) sequence ?

Message 8 of 15 (1,155 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Tomorrow I will know the answer to my own question. Hopefully, PopCap listens to the community request.

Message 9 of 15 (1,033 Views)

@asukojo wrote:

@EA_Roger to comment the boss hunt for October.

Should we follow Halloween and Lawn of Doom theme or the broken (out of synch) sequence ?

Roger is on vacation for at least one more week.  We have a substitute but I have yet to see or hear from him.  I believe that popcap probably makes a decision like this on their own without input from EA, and I also believe the the game devs are hardly aware of this forum's existence.  So don't get your hopes up.

Message 10 of 15 (1,028 Views)