Re: Ranting one card at a time #2(ft:Repeat Moss)

by daalnnii

Original Post

Ranting one card at a time #2(ft:Repeat Moss)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You guys asked for it,and you all got it.

I know like everyone in the forum is angry with this card being OP,including me.

What he does is when ANY trick gets played,he gets to instant attack.

Firstly,solar heroes is a problem.Brainy and Solar are NOT the same classes.

Brainy zombies again grains DURING their thick phase.Plants gain sun at the START of their turn,making brainy zombies have a DISADVANTAGE.-thats right-fingers at Chompzilla being an op plant for playing it early.

Secondly,the fact that repeat moss can do repeat every time you cast a freaking spell is INSANE.

Solar heroes especially,have cheap useful tricks such as the 2nd best taco of all time spam and water balloons is insane as well.

Not to forget,you can buff repeat moss AND it does a bonus attack.WHAT?!?

And not to forget PARTY THYME card draw!

Finally,I am corrected by many people that solar flare is #2 in top plants ranked....and...CHOMPZILLA IS #1.

Suggestion:change cost to 6.

Message 1 of 7 (649 Views)

★ Pro

You absolute legend...

Although I think this card is weak sauce. Party hat

Message 2 of 7 (631 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think that this card is fairly powerfull, but the only thing that players find them OP, is the use of things like Fertilize, Embiggen or those kind of things, I think it just should be the 1st time you use a trick, like Mad Chemist, so then I think it would be balanced.

And imo, cost 6 is too much, just a Rolling Stone can kill this before.

Message 3 of 7 (613 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

on paper this card isn't all that, but the fact that this can deal the most direct damage (or the most powerful removal) in the late game phase makes this an ultra powerful card. also, you don't give zombies the chance to react to this card, meaning this card deals the highest direct damage in the game right now (unless you want to count science zombie with 3 zombot 1000, like that ever happens).

At 9 or 10 mana, there are few things that are more devastating than if Captain uses his blazing bark with embiggen with a fertilizer (that's 9 mana), you would attack for 6, 9,11, and that is not counting the regular attack phase.

Is it OP? NOOOOOOOO, it is not, it is just a powerful card. Powerful doesn't = OP, a lot of players fail to understand that, which creates a LOT of CCG misunderstandings.

@2swag4this

In hearthstone terms? Was savage roar, force of nature OP? NO, it is just a powerful combo, but blizzard decided to remove it mostly because they want to change the game, and not because it is too strong. I don't think any of the pro player ever said that combo is strong either. 

Message 4 of 7 (584 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This card for me is a mid-game life saver or winner for me when I use Chompzilla.  Late game as well but by they who knows what kind of cards you get.

Message 5 of 7 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Celedorn

Force/Savage combo was not very interactive and wasn't fun to play against, but wasn't overpowered because there's so many stronger combos in other decks.

As for PvZ though, I tried to take advantage off this card and sure he's powerful when buffed but how does that compare to zombie classes that can play any zombie in the trick phase and do multiple bonus attacks? I would rather buff the heal plant and just lock the game out over this one, and give your opponent another plant he's forced to remove before killing me. 

To me there is no comparison, and until the zombie trick phase / bonus attack shenanigans gets nerfed I think it would be outrageous to even consider changing any plant cards.

What Hero do you play by the way?

@abeaverhousen

Late game Chompzilla? You must be doing it wrong... Angel

Message 6 of 7 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
@larry it's a 4 cost 2/3 that can be one shotted by multiple tricks and ANY zombie strong enough... ...which is a lot

Now let's look at T.W.I... 2 cost 2/2 amphibious that makes all imps deadly... not just those out when it was played. Being amphibious, there are far less cards to take care of it. Surely if repeat needs to be nerfed as you describe, then there should be no problem with toxic becoming a 3 cost and only making imps that were out prior deadly, right?

There are just some cards you have to deal with when their put out (if you can), if you don't, or can't, then they built a good deck. I'm sure we've all steamrolled an opponent or two, right? Given the right circumstance and deck build, many meh cards can become monsters, doesn't make them op
Message 7 of 7 (466 Views)