Re: Rainbow Star Packs

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

[ Edited ]

I said I would write a post later, but it seems like just about everything to be said on this pack has already been said.  I accepted Ironcatfish's post as a "solution" to pull it to the top of the thread, because I couldn't agree more.

Message 11 of 17 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Fluffycat42 wrote:

I don't like the ability or idea to buy Rainbow Stars with coins, it will encourage people from not playing in the Mystery Portal and therefore decrease the number of people who already may despise the actual Portal event.

I would rather trade in Rainbow Stars or Gold Stars for coins. 

I bought the rainbow star pack because I have no motivation to compete in CVD.  I just find myself dumpster diving each round. 
Message 12 of 17 (262 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Personally I avoided Cats v Dino's because investing time in it didn't benefit any characters with XP and the PvZ Coin rewards tended to be minimal, although I did miss opening the Chests.

Now that I've hit maximum Rank the only real goal left is accumulating all the customization items so I'm back to playing CvD and the Rainbow Star Packs don't interest me for the cost involved but if I were still grinding character levels I might take advantage of them if I had the spare coin.

As it is however I'll save my coins for Rux's Shop.
Message 13 of 17 (257 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm in the same situation where I'm maxed out (besides unicorn chomper) so im just looking to complete the sticker book customizations . if there's a portal mode I don't care for, I play a few rounds and then cash in my regular stars for rainbow stars to complete the chest openings. I doubt that I'll use any coins to buy these packs as I prefer to spend coins on the packs available during bosshunt.
Message 14 of 17 (248 Views)

★★★ Guide

This pack is worth it to max rank players who have millions of coins to spend. I hate Cats vs. Dinos. I loved buying the 50 star pack for 600k coins. That's nothing to me. So thanks PopCap.

Message 15 of 17 (227 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I ended up buying the 10 pack once after hitting 50 via CvD, getting my last chest (the 10 rainbow star one) and then filling back up with that 10 pack. Working on quests late Saturday night with my friend and then playing a few rounds of TT to help him level up more than made up for the 150k for that pack.

Message 16 of 17 (216 Views)

★★★ Novice

To me, I think it's for the people who can't get the PS+ subscription, since it's required to even do multiplayer, let alone portal events(can't even join community events without it). Would you really want to spend 350 stars just to open the red chest?

And I don't want to hear any "PS+ is cheap so why they won't just buy it", because remember, not everyone is able to, due to things like other country's laws, age restrictions, etc.

Message 17 of 17 (200 Views)