Question of the week: Your favorite in-game voice acting?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Question of the week: Your favorite in-game voice acting?

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

In-game voice acting can take any game to the next level, to help forge an emotional connection with the characters that you're playing.

Thinking back on all the games that you've played, what is your absolute favorite in-game voice acting job? Is it your favorite voice actor that amazes you in each game they're in? Or perhaps something else stands out to you? And how did this particular piece of voice acting help you to forge an emotional connection with the game and characters?

We would love to hear from you. Looking forward to hearing your stories!

Message 1 of 10 (823 Views)

Re: Question of the week: Your favorite in-game voice acting?

★★★ Apprentice

So many to choose from, my first favorite that comes to mind would be Nathan Drake and Sully.  Each one just played off the other perfectly, and Nolan North and Richard McGonagle are such great voice actors, they always make me look forward to the next scene (plus the onscreen banter is gold).

Another that comes to mind would be many, many mass effect characters, Wrex and Garrus especially, there was something special about the connection you made with those characters, the writing and acting made the characters, plus being able to mold your interactions with them by your actions made the bond that much more 'real'. 

Message 2 of 10 (809 Views)

★ Pro

Indeed so many many to choose from. Hmm.

Tony Plana as Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango, 1998)

Message 3 of 10 (802 Views)

Community Manager

For favourite all-round VA? I don't think I'll shock anyone by nominating Troy Baker, mostly for his role in almost everything. Standard smile His standout role for me was him taking over as Joker in Arkham Origins. I expected a huge drop in quality when Hamill left, but Baker did wonderfully.

But I could nominate Liam O'Brien, Yuri Lowenthal, John DiMaggio, Lori Alan(for The Boss in MGS), Robin Atkin Dawes, Fred Tatasciore, Jennifer Hale, Grey DeIsle or the ever-reliable Steve Blum, there are so many great ones out there. 

For my favouite actor I have to go for James McCaffery, the gravelly voice of Max Payne. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

For me the one voice I always like and recognize in every game he is in is Gideon Emery and if I had to pick one role for him it would be Fenris in Dragon Age II.

Female voices - Morrigan from Dragon Age (again I know)! I also love Claudia Blacks other work...common who doesn't love Vala Mal Doran :P 

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 5 of 10 (787 Views)

I agree that Claudia Black is always a treat to hear. I will add here Jennifer Hale (female commander Shepard is vastly underrated, and Jen did an awesome job).

Also, Elias Toufexis as Adam Jensen in the new Deus Ex games and Michael Mando as Vaas in Far Cry 3.

Laura Bailey is also on my favorite voice-actors list, with her performance as Rayne in Blood Rayne 2.

P.S.: i am more of an Aeryn Sun fan, when it comes to Claudia Black. But she and Ben Browder made a nice pair in both Farscape and Stargate.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 10 (773 Views)

EA DICE Team

Jup - my vote once again goes to Claudia Black. 

Thumbs up for Chloe and Morrigan!

Message 7 of 10 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

There are many that I can think of, but my top 2 picks are...

Male voice actor:  Martin Sheen for the Illusive Man

Female Voice Actor:  Claudia Black, Morrigan, Even lesser roles like Matriarch Aethyta & Admiral Daro'Xen was acted with perfection.

Message 8 of 10 (747 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Straatford87

Mark Hamill as The Joker in the Arkham Series. Enough said....

Message 9 of 10 (709 Views)

EA DICE Team

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Male voice actor:  Martin Sheen for the Illusive Man

Great pick! He has a very comforting voice.. :-)

Message 10 of 10 (674 Views)