PvZGW for Xmas -Kid LOVES it - any way to have more time to get Unicorn Chomper?

by MonsterMamazilla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PvZGW for Xmas -Kid LOVES it - any way to have more time to get Unicorn Chomper?

★★★ Novice

I just bought GW & GW2 for my kid for Xmas (2016) and he LOVES them - chompers are his favorite - but he just found out the unicorn chomper he really wants won't be available come Feb and he's devastated! There's no way he can rank up to 313 by then. Is there any way for newbies to have more time to get this character? Or will there be a way in the future to earn/get/buy this? It seems worth the effort but there's no time to do this from a Xmas gift start-time. Help please?

Message 1 of 24 (602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PvZGW for Xmas -Kid LOVES it - any way to have more time to get Unicorn Chom

Hero (Retired)

First, don't lose all hope of ever being able to play as the Unicorn Chomper because he will in fact be available during certain special events.

The Mystery Portal located in Town Hall has a "Super Mix" mix event which occurs during the first week of every month and in that event they mix up a standard Multiplayer game with various crazy rules and conditions; in certain events the game will randomly choose your character for you and it can literally spawn you as any character in the game regardless of whether or not you've unlocked it and in the last such event I saw a fair share of Unicorn Chompers spawn completely at random. There are also Super Mix events which limit your choice of Character Class and for those events they typically unlock every variant of that class for your use during those specific special battles.

The developers have also mentioned that the Unicorn Chomper may appear in the "Hero Showcase", which occurs every week and that unlocks one Plant and Zombie to try, at some unspecified future date.

As for unlocking him Permanently you are very rapidly running out of time since the cutoff is an unspecified date in February- I don't know if it's the first day or last day or somewhere in-between but even if it's the last day of February you'd have a grueling grind to complete Challenges to level up or earn Skip Stars to bypass them in time to hit Level 313 in Garden Warfare 1 since it's an investment of around 200 hours if you completely skip playing for fun and just grind it out.

View in thread

Message 5 of 24 (596 Views)

All Replies

Re: PvZGW for Xmas -Kid LOVES it - any way to have more time to get Unicorn Chom

Champion (Retired)
As a fellow parent I understand your want for you child. Unfortunately I don't think you will get the answer you want. I hope I'm wrong and a dev member comes on and says, "sure, no problem at all".
However, you might have more luck asking for his teleport or dash ability to become available for the other chompers. Along with with a unicorn hat.
I know that's not the answer your looking for unfortunately. My son and I worked our butts off to get him and honestly, it was lack luster to say the least. My son used him twice and said "nopeee". Because he's impatientStandard smile

Side note to those of you who have the ol uni chomp. I consider it more of a dash than a teleport. That being said, if his"dash" did damage, then he'd be pretty awesome. I'm sure there's plenty of you that think he's great as is. Just my thoughts.
Message 2 of 24 (596 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your quick reply. I know it's a long shot but you never know if you never ask, right? Wink Fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 24 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]

If he had started hard and heavy on it right when you got the game, he could've done it.  But, as a fellow parent, I suspect you wouldn't have liked him playing the number of hours a day that would've required.

You'll have to steel yourself for coaching him through more disappointments as he discovers how long it takes for RNGesus to favor one enough to get the other legendary characters!

Message 4 of 24 (563 Views)

Hero (Retired)

First, don't lose all hope of ever being able to play as the Unicorn Chomper because he will in fact be available during certain special events.

The Mystery Portal located in Town Hall has a "Super Mix" mix event which occurs during the first week of every month and in that event they mix up a standard Multiplayer game with various crazy rules and conditions; in certain events the game will randomly choose your character for you and it can literally spawn you as any character in the game regardless of whether or not you've unlocked it and in the last such event I saw a fair share of Unicorn Chompers spawn completely at random. There are also Super Mix events which limit your choice of Character Class and for those events they typically unlock every variant of that class for your use during those specific special battles.

The developers have also mentioned that the Unicorn Chomper may appear in the "Hero Showcase", which occurs every week and that unlocks one Plant and Zombie to try, at some unspecified future date.

As for unlocking him Permanently you are very rapidly running out of time since the cutoff is an unspecified date in February- I don't know if it's the first day or last day or somewhere in-between but even if it's the last day of February you'd have a grueling grind to complete Challenges to level up or earn Skip Stars to bypass them in time to hit Level 313 in Garden Warfare 1 since it's an investment of around 200 hours if you completely skip playing for fun and just grind it out.

Message 5 of 24 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ha ha! I have yet to introduce him to RNGesus. Oh boy! :D

Message 6 of 24 (536 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much! This is the most info I've been able to find anywhere, so really appreciate it. Great to know there will be chances to play as the UniChomp - though it's not the same as having it, it's WAY better than no chance at all. Thanks again. *thumbs up*

Message 7 of 24 (535 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What rank are you guys currently in GW1?  Some players have reached 313 in two weeks.  Its not impossible.

Message 8 of 24 (519 Views)

★★★ Novice

Um 36 I think. But he's at school and can't just play for hours every day so I don't know how it would be possible. It's his first shooter (other than Splatoon, which I'm not sure counts), so although he learns and ranks-up fast, he's (probably) less experienced than the average GW player.

Message 9 of 24 (515 Views)

★ Guide

I wish the developers wouldn't lock characters or variants like this. Hero showcase or not, it's rather unfair for people who buy the game after February. As no matter what they'll never be able to unlock the Unicorn Chomper. I think at least the Unicorn Chomper should be a legendary variant that could be obtained in sticker packs. Even if incredibly rare, it's at least obtainable. I'd rather small chance, over no chance ever.

Message 10 of 24 (514 Views)