PvZ: Heroes - Developer Q&A

by EA_Andy

Original Post

Re: PvZ: Heroes - Developer Q&A

★★ Novice

As someone that's a little ashamed about how much I've spent on PVZ:H (and other PopCap titles), I was really upset by the "account sync" bug.  It took out my account for a whole week (couldn't participate in the event challenge) and worse, EA support didn't understand the issue.  

We still haven't been told what happened -- or more importantly -- what you're doing to make sure the game environment continues to be stable.  

Would really appreciate some transparency (and better information shared between PopCap and EA).

Message 21 of 38 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Are there any balance issues/concerns that you see with the Cards, Classes, Heroes, or Factions? If so what are they and how would you address them?

-Lebeau Rank 50

Message 22 of 38 (1,036 Views)

★ Novice
Hi! I have been playing PvZ Heroes since November 2016. I'm a huge PVZ fan since the first Plants vs Zombies (I have it installed on my PS Vita) and I would like to ask the following questions:

1. Do you plan to expand the ranks once the season reset? I think it would be great if ranks would be up to 100 instead of 50 but offer more incentives in reaching higher ranks. (Example Rank 60 = 1 Legendary Card of Choice, Rank 100 = 60 Multipacks etc.)

2. Will you add something like a Gallery Mode for the comic strips in story mode? I really enjoy those so it would be good if we can view them anytime.

3. Will you allow us the option to replay story mode missions? There are missions which are really fun to play.

4. Can you add more Google Play Achievements? Also, please fix 1 achievement. It is Win 5 Multiplayer Games but it never appears so were stuck at 9/10 achievements.

5. Are you planning to add more heroes to the game? Can you shed more light on the rumored 3 class Hero Beta Carrot?

6. Will you add something like a Leader board and Win Lose record in Ranked? Or something to keep track of our progress?

7. Will you give us the option to mulligan the superpower of each hero in each game? Or probably show the superpower first before the cards so we can get to mulligan the cards that compliment it?

8. Can you please give some heroes a buff to their superpower? This is to balance the game. For example, Brain Freeze add a card draw to his freeze power. Shouldn't it make more sense for Chompzilla to be able to destroy the zombie with the highest health instead of lowest?

9. Do you plan to give Zombies a counter to freeze? Sure brainy heroes and sneaky can counter freeze decks but some like hearty and beastly are basically helpless. How about an ability for Zombies like Anti freeze? Which means that those Zombies cannot be frozen. (Yeti comes into mind).

10. How about a spectator mode? Allow us to watch others play (but without showing cards) or better yet how about a weekly or monthly tournament?

That is all. I hope you consider my suggestions and make more improvement to the game. Thank you.
Message 23 of 38 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@megabassxz wrote:
1. Do you plan to expand the ranks once the season reset? I think it would be great if ranks would be up to 100 instead of 50 but offer more incentives in reaching higher ranks. (Example Rank 60 = 1 Legendary Card of Choice, Rank 100 = 60 Multipacks etc.)

I completely agree!! Expanding the ranking to 100 would be great, since reaching level 50 is fast and then you do not have anything else to do.

@megabassxz wrote:
9. Do you plan to give Zombies a counter to freeze? Sure brainy heroes and sneaky can counter freeze decks but some like hearty and beastly are basically helpless. How about an ability for Zombies like Anti freeze? Which means that those Zombies cannot be frozen. (Yeti comes into mind).

I'm sorry to disagree, but hearty and beastly decks have many ways to deal with freeze decks. In fact, all classes have ways to deal with them. Also, do not forget that zombies have frenzy trait, which can be considered as the indirect counterpart of freeze, since if freezing prevents you from attacking, frenzy allows you to perform two consecutive attacks. In summary, zombies that can not be frozen seem out of place.

Message 24 of 38 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Well, the anti freeze ability I was suggesting would not necessarily be limited to zombies. There were leaks of upcoming zombies that could freeze plants. Maybe plants like Fire Pea Shooter and Torch wood would also have this ability.

Frenzy won't matter if the opponent would always freeze your minion. He can even destroy it by freezing coupled with Winter Squash.
Message 25 of 38 (973 Views)

★★ Novice

How much hero/card usage data do you record and are you ever planning to make it public? It would be fascinating to see how hero/card usage varies from week to week (particular in the higher leagues) as the meta evolves with the release of each new event card.

It would also be interesting to see which cards underwent a rise/drop in popularity after game changers, such as Defensive End, were introduced into the meta.

Message 26 of 38 (944 Views)

Hi PopCap Team

I have a very different question about the game and I ask me, if it can be realized!
Is it not possible to develop this game also on the Mac Palttform, so that one can play it over the iOS devices in the same way, practically devices overlapping. Or there are problems because of the cloud or any ports. 

Thanks You  for taking time out to answer my question. 😀

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 27 of 38 (930 Views)

★★ Novice

Are there any plans to introduce emotes into the game?

It would be great to have a way to communicate with opponents while playing, whether it's to applaud their skill, acknowledge a misplay or laugh at something funny.

Message 28 of 38 (901 Views)

★★ Guide

Both others and I have mentioned this here and elsewhere, but will there be more single player or offline missions/options?  Playing against the pre-builts, playing against our own top decks, many options!

Other question: Are you looking into updating the game so that certain older devices can get free gems via ads?  (No cough... just straight up shameless mention of iPad2.)

Message 29 of 38 (833 Views)

★★★ Newbie
A couple questions:

1) When is matchmaking in ranked going to be fixed? I played multiple games on my climb to where I am against people of much higher rank then me. One game I was rank 7 against a rank 43.

2) Is there going to be some sort of leaderboard for ultimate league added?

3) Can you clarify how seasons will be broken down and how end of season rewards work.

4) Are there any plans to allow all event cards be crafted with Sparks? It feels extremely unfair to play against people who have bought all the time travel bundles and have the cards from two weeks from now.

5) Is Brainana too powerful? The only counter is to dump all your cards
Message 30 of 38 (820 Views)