Re: Punish Shroom broken

by AphidOfDeath

Original Post

Punish Shroom broken

★ Guide
If the Z heros shield is triggered during a chain attack by punish Shroom it now blocks All of attacks if multiple mushrooms are killed. It always counted individually before for each destroyed. So 2 team up and two punish shrooms (6 plants total) are all taken out by one trick card and all are blocked when shield appears. It should be that each trick attack is an individual. What happened?
Message 1 of 10 (859 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thats how shield work before update (April/May update). The shield mechanism has been changed by recent update to solve infinite berry loop. Any multiple damage that iterate before hero can use superpower will be null. Example of multiple damage that can pass is espresso fiesta, because hero can use superpower during damage iteration

Message 2 of 10 (852 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@zdarcon wrote:

Thats how shield work before update (April/May update). The shield mechanism has been changed by recent update to solve infinite berry loop. Any multiple damage that iterate before hero can use superpower will be null. Example of multiple damage that can pass is espresso fiesta, because hero can use superpower during damage iteration

I truly hope they at the least revert back in next major update.  Fix one thing and break a half dozen others?  Ideally they fix it all, but not holding my breath on that just yet.

BPRD

Message 3 of 10 (830 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

it's not broken, the mechanics have been changed to reflect the intent of EA. I highly doubt it will be changed back

Message 4 of 10 (820 Views)

★★ Guide

@jaydabbler wrote:

it's not broken, the mechanics have been changed to reflect the intent of EA. I highly doubt it will be changed back

I'll agree that it's fully aligned with other similar mechanics, though I have no insight into EA's intent.  I would however upvote/like the petition to change it back to where it works.  The Fruit Loops of Death was a flaming bag of poo.  The Punishroom actually living up to its moniker?  Awesome.  (And that's whether used by or against me.)

Message 5 of 10 (786 Views)

★ Guide

@AphidOfDeath wrote:

@jaydabbler wrote:

I'll agree that it's fully aligned with other similar mechanics, though I have no insight into EA's intent.  I would however upvote/like the petition to change it back to where it works.  The Fruit Loops of Death was a flaming bag of poo.  The Punishroom actually living up to its moniker?  Awesome.  (And that's whether used by or against me.)

What is the intent of EA? If you have a single plant that does a bonus attack and it activates block on first attack the plant waits for you to make a play before doing second attack. I really hate this nerf as it seriously hampers shroom (no pine cone) decks and bean decks.

Admiral Navy Bean x 2 planted in water lane immediately comes to mind. 

Message 6 of 10 (709 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just noticed similar issue with 2 Mirror-Nuts and a nut is hurt. It does looks like a bug to me, and make multiple mirror-nuts less useful.

Sure hope they change it back, I believe there's a better fix for the infinite berry loop.

Message 7 of 10 (697 Views)

★ Guide

What I do not understand is why was that the solution to fix Fruity Loops.

By design the intention of EA is pretty clear when you read what mirror nut and punish shroom and admiral navy bean are supposed to do. They are not broken. By design playing 2 Strongberries created a broken situation. It is beyond me that EA programmers decided to change the block mechanism instead of just changing Strongberry.

Message 8 of 10 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@npgibbs wrote:

What I do not understand is why was that the solution to fix Fruity Loops.

By design the intention of EA is pretty clear when you read what mirror nut and punish shroom and admiral navy bean are supposed to do. They are not broken. By design playing 2 Strongberries created a broken situation. It is beyond me that EA programmers decided to change the block mechanism instead of just changing Strongberry.

You're not the only one scratching your head.

I think most of the talent at Popcap is more creative than technical in nature.

Message 9 of 10 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They still want double SS to kill Wannabe Heroes.

Message 10 of 10 (614 Views)