Please stop shooting characters after you vanquish them (on the ground, dead)

by MikeFasBear

Original Post

Please stop shooting characters after you vanquish them (on the ground, dead)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A flower and a peashooter were lagging behind in the Great White North map after us zombies took over the second objective (with no other zombies around) so I decided to engage them.  We took turns vanquishing each other but I could never get them both, I’d respawn and turn back around, I’d usually get the flower but the peashooter was challenging…together they were getting me every time (I would switch between Imp and Pirate).  This occurred about 5-6 times and by the time we got a little past the hockey rink the peashooter vanquished me and in retaliation proceeded to shoot me as I lay dead helpless.  Now, at this point it was just a game for me and I looked at it as a challenge…may the best player win although I was up against two plants with one plant healing ability.

I realize being frustrated with the Imp gravity bomb and the tenaciousness of our play but come on.  I mean, you were literally vanquishing me every time and you still want to shoot me as I stink and lay dead?  Taunting is one thing and I accept that but let’s cool it down a bit.

I don’t want to write complaints here so I’ll turn this into an FYI for all of the younger players out there.  It is just a game and sometimes style of play turns competitive.  Be calm, accept your fate and move on.  This has happened to me several times in the past and I wonder about the kinds of personalities playing this game.  *No knock on you guys who do a great job of answering questions here but it’s just plain disrespectful and is bad for the community of players.

FYI, the saga ended with me taking out the flower, the peashooter handing me my demise again and then another zombie finally added himself to the equation and vanquished the peashooter.

Message 1 of 6 (618 Views)

Re: Please stop shooting characters after you vanquish them (on the ground, dead

[ Edited ]

Yeah, that sounds like egregious poor sportsmanship, fortunately I don't see that very often.  Taunting happens somewhat regularly, but dancing on and shooting corpses while ignoring the fact that there was another objective to defend leads me to believe these were childish, if not actual child, players.  I would have switched to all star (my best counter for peashooter).  Dummy shield the inevitable bean bomb or gatling, then as the crown likes to say, "looooong ball!!!!!"

But the fact that you kept these two engaged so long might have helped your team on that next objective.

Message 2 of 6 (614 Views)

Re: Please stop shooting characters after you vanquish them (on the ground, dead

★★ Guide

I never do this! (unless the vanquished enemy is someone who vanquished me 7 times without even allowing me to get revenge)

Message 3 of 6 (602 Views)

Another option might have been to go to the character selection screen and stay there as long as you could.  The jerks might very well think you've rage quit and move on.  Then there's plenty of time to find them for revenge later in the game.

Message 4 of 6 (585 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

We call that the PVZ teabagging Coffee cup

latest1.png

Spoiler
just kidding
latest.png

Message 5 of 6 (561 Views)

★ Guide

Don't cry.......... it's just a game LOL.

Message 6 of 6 (535 Views)