Re: Please just stop targetting me. What is your reaction if happen to you?

by dwooten77

Original Post

Please just stop targetting me. What is your reaction if happen to you?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

ZeroxFusion just posted this video since there's a player who targets him in the game and he got frustrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzzE_bW_WVo

For me, when I'm targeted, I will target him back with my master character until we settle down the grudge! Once things cool down, If we gain some respect of each other, we might become a friend. I actually get many friends this way and they're good team mate for the boss hunt and we play a lot together since then. It's just a way to measure up to see if you're as good as me.

But sometimes, I feel the game become one dimension and start getting not fun. As I got more mature with this kind of grudge, I learn to let it go and don't let my grudge take over me. So I just keep playing as usual and ignoring him. After for a while, he feels bored and moved on.

My question, if that happens to you, what will you do?

Message 1 of 13 (943 Views)

★★ Guide

I target back and try my best to either get even or get ahead of individual score.  One time there was this really really good player and he was targeting me and i targeted him back, he was just waaaaaay too good and no matter what i did, he knew i was coming.  Final score was like 7 (him) and i only got him 2 (me) times.  He was an electro citron and i countered with everything, arctic soldier, imp, scientist....it was not fair. LoL.

This targeting usually affects the game's outcome, because you lose focus and your objective is just simply revenge and is not best for a team type game like Turf Takeover.  Your

team will suffer when the individual's objective is skewed.  I'm guilty of it and need to remind myself that this is a team game and understand the task at hand and focus on what i need to do as a contributor to the teams overall victory.

Message 2 of 13 (930 Views)

It happens to me all the time. I am just killing everyone then some noob will just spam all his abilities on me and taunt if he kills me. They ignore everyone else and head strait to me. I usally try to target anyone who only uses their abilities, camps, or targets me. Anyways, zero deserves to be targeted, he has done many things that the kids watching him don't know about, and of course getting sponsored and sucking at the game.

Message 3 of 13 (913 Views)

★ Guide

this may sound like a rubbish suggestion but the best thing to do is run, run like hell because you'll always need to, stick to another area of the map.

Message 4 of 13 (910 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just play the game. If I make it personal, then chances are, the whole team suffers and loses the game or you don't go far if you're busy searching for the guy.

That said, these players usually hide in the background behind their teammates and play sniper characters like the cactus or camo/commando soldier.

Message 5 of 13 (896 Views)

★★ Guide

Pull out the demons of PVZ on them. Chomper or Imp.

Message 6 of 13 (881 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@asukojo. If you're high level get use to it. When you hit max rank it'll happen just about every game. One thing I do is stay slightly behind the heard. If they make it through them then they're usually a one shot and done. If they end up messaging me I just say "I'm sorry but who are you? Are you playing in this game?" It usually stops when they realize they're not getting to me mentally. Unfortunately another one usually takes their place.
Message 7 of 13 (876 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I get targeted a fair amount but it tends to be late in a match of Turf Takeover, but I tend to expect that since I tend to be one of the better performing players on my team and some people get annoyed when you take them down two or three times or more in a match simply because they make themselves a good target of opportunity.

When I do get focused on I'll hit back when I have an opportunity but I don't go out of my way.
Message 8 of 13 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I get this on and off. If the match is not full like early Friday night in the portal before it started picking up it happens more often. I will sometimes switch characters to avoid being too distinctive due to my customizations I use attracting people to single me out due to that.

It tends to be pretty even overall although once in awhile it can be skewed one way or the other. I focus on the objective and get vanquishes secondary so can fall behind if I'm being targeted as I play the objectives instead of getting payback.

Message 9 of 13 (827 Views)

★ Expert

I only target IronGuard on Super Mix Mode....ha ha.

Message 10 of 13 (795 Views)