Please balance heartichoke+ flytrap loop

by Zekex

Original Post

Re: Please balance heartichoke+ flytrap loop

★ Guide

Because Ranked mode now has Season that can reset player from 2 leagues. Now we don't even have fun in ranking up the game. 
I seen lots of people having trouble getting through the Diamond League after they got out of Ultimate League.

Now they got problems with their fanbase playing this game on Ranked.

Message 31 of 62 (557 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Maybe I'm missing it, but over at reddit, a site with more traffic/posters, I hardly see anyone complaining about balance.  I'm not saying some people aren't complaining, but I think for the most part people are enjoying the season reset.  The game has to change to keep people interested in playing, otherwise the game will cease to exist because it becomes boring.  I know you're a good player @OldSchool9210, we all just need to adapt to the new changes in the game.

BPRD

Message 32 of 62 (549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I registered for this website just to complain about this particular issue, I agree with the original poster 1000% that this loop is ridiculously OP because it is impossible to block; doesn't matter if Zombie player has an alternate environment to overlay on the Venus Flytrap or an instant kill trick to take out the Heartichoke, Plant player can trigger the loop during the Plants phase by using a Taco. I just lost a game where I was up 17-6 with Zombies in all lanes. Opponent had dropped the Venus Flytrap previous turn and then deployed Heartchoke next turn and hit me for 12, healing him to 18 and sending me down to 5 (24pt swing). My next turn, not having an insta-kill, I deployed a Defensive End on the Venus Flytrap, plus had 1 brain Meteor Z to overlay the environment to prevent loop. But I never got the chance to even get to tricks because opponent played a Taco, and then my block meter never filled up because Heartichoke killed me in two more hits, so final score 20-0 for Heartichoke loop.Like original poster, I fail to see how a combo that can create a 24pt swing in a single turn without possibility of blocking is NOT OP, it's as "Fair and Balanced" as Fox News or MSNBC Tongue out

Message 33 of 62 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

its not that great.

I am not going to further evaluate as every post that disagrees with OP gets replied to with: CANT YOU READ YOU *?.....jesus....i thought the valkyre discussion got out of hand :P

*brofists @GrinningRuiner :eahigh_file:*

but seriously though. It feels like people that complain about a god damn healing combo have either no enviroments or not enough removal at hand.....It must be depressing for hearty players that "gain 6 life" into defensive backline is not a prime answer to all combo decks  WinkDisappointed

and finally to quote OP:

"you can just SPAM [...] water chestnut [...] How broken is that?"

*heavy breathing*

Message 34 of 62 (490 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You could have used Undying Pharoah.

Message 35 of 62 (477 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, at some points this combo can be VERY broken, but usually, if you have a block meter ready. It will absorb basically all the loops after it is triggered. There aren't a lot of good counters to Heartichoke, you may say, but I think cakesplosion is pretty popular. In addition, deadly zombies are great. Playing an environment on top of the Venusflytraplanet also helps. As for superpowers that can heal plants, that may be problematic...., but you must always remember that your block meter could save you from certain heals like a (4 heal), if you know what I mean. 

Message 36 of 62 (465 Views)

★★★ Guide

Apart from the fact that it's possible to trigger this combo in the Plant phase, my complaint is that overlaying environments is the only real answer, since zombies being present doesn't block it and destroying/bouncing the plant only lasts until they get another copy of it in their hand.  The issue with that, then, is that environments are relatively uncommon.  As a newer player, some of my heroes only have two environments total until I can craft some more.

On the one hand, I do understand that people who have been playing longer and have more cards should have some advantage.  On the other hand, an advantage whose counter you may not even have access to is simply too much.  Even the biggest legendary plants and zombies can, at least in theory, be taken down if you can throw enough at them.  With environments, if you don't have any in your deck or you've already used up the ones you have, you have no choice but to just live with it and hope it doesn't help your opponent too much.

I'm sure this will get better as the card pool expands and environments and anti-environment cards become more common, but for now, combos like this just exacerbate the issue of environments in general.

Message 37 of 62 (440 Views)

★★ Pro

@jj48car wrote:

Apart from the fact that it's possible to trigger this combo in the Plant phase, my complaint is that overlaying environments is the only real answer, since zombies being present doesn't block it and destroying/bouncing the plant only lasts until they get another copy of it in their hand.  The issue with that, then, is that environments are relatively uncommon.  As a newer player, some of my heroes only have two environments total until I can craft some more.

On the one hand, I do understand that people who have been playing longer and have more cards should have some advantage.  On the other hand, an advantage whose counter you may not even have access to is simply too much.  Even the biggest legendary plants and zombies can, at least in theory, be taken down if you can throw enough at them.  With environments, if you don't have any in your deck or you've already used up the ones you have, you have no choice but to just live with it and hope it doesn't help your opponent too much.

I'm sure this will get better as the card pool expands and environments and anti-environment cards become more common, but for now, combos like this just exacerbate the issue of environments in general.

I agree that using another environment is the easiest way to deal with environments like Flytrap.

By design, every hero has two different common environments that can be crafted very cheaply.

So anyone can have up to 8 environments in each deck if needed.

Message 38 of 62 (430 Views)

★★ Guide

plus Zombies can remove it on-turn if they have enough spare brains. to Trigger the full combo pre combat phase you need (at bear minimum):
4 suns for Heartichoke
4 suns for Flytrap
1 suns for A healing source (the bigger the better)
 very few hitpoints on your hero left. (the combo will also stop if you can´t be healed any further which seems to be ignored in this entire thread so far).

especially the last aspect is not as easy to pull of as some people here seem to believe. loosing life in controllable chunks without dying to some random burst in the process is really finnicky when you consider: Going Viral, Manical Laughter, Trickers, Lurch for lunch, Valkyre and so on and so forth. You can obviously aim to play a dedicated deck around it but playing a deck that has no option to win except for a 9-12 sun combo seems really dumb

Message 39 of 62 (423 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Until today (July18, 2017) it has not been fixed. I lost with a plant heroe that had 2 points of life. I had 18 points but he with heartichoke+ flytrap loop I lost because he did me 18 of damage or more. It continued and continued and continued doing me damage.

Message 40 of 62 (409 Views)