Re: Player Profile Origin Messed Up (Battlefront)

by tatsudoshi206

Original Post

Player Profile Origin Messed Up (Battlefront)

★★★ Novice

When I try to view someone's profile in while playing Battlefront, It would just pop up in origin without minimizing Battlefront session.

With the new client, if I view someone's Origin profile via Players list, it opens up a new window outside of the Battlefront game minimized.

It used to come up within a second in-game but now it opens up separately with the window minimized within the Origin client, not within the Origin within Battlefront.

Anyone else notice this? 

Message 1 of 8 (1,722 Views)

Community Manager

@GlockSMG Hi, thanks for the detailed post.

Can I check what version of Windows you're using? I tried myself on a Windows 7 machine and the profile just popped up as normal within the Origin overlay inside the game. 

If you have any other active overlay software try disbling it temporarily then check if the issue persists within the game. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Windows 7 64-bit, however, I actually just ran a test while playing Battlefront.

When I click on someone's profile to view it from the friends panel within Origin (not Battlefront), it will pop up a window with their profile (medium-sized).

If I am on a Battlefront server, and I go to the player's list and click on a player to view (not in Origin), the player's profile (when I click their name from the player list) will pop up outside of origin in a different origin window and take my Battlefront game out of full-screen due to Origin creating a new window (which is normal for any application that interferes with fullscreen, not just Origin).

It used to pop up within the Origin In-Game client but since the new version of Origin was implemented, DICE must not of programmed it to pop up within Origin's IN-GAME origin. It is set up to pop up outside of battlefront in a new origin window. Used to be in battlefront server, click someone's name and it pops up without battlefront going out of fullscreen. Now battlefront goes out of fullscreen when you click it due to new origin window. What happens is you get the same window you would get for if you view profile from the friends pane, but it's blank and that player information that should be there just like the friends pane has spawned in another origin window outside of the battlefront program.  

I attached some screenshots. For the second and third screenshots, the player profile information should be in that white box (like it is in my next post's screenshot) but instead pops up in a new origin window outside of the battlefront game. 

Viewing any profile whether in the: out-of-game origin application or the: in-game origin application shows no functionality problem. However, viewing a profile in battlefront (and maybe the other games in origin as a matter of fact, not sure about that though) pops up that white screen window where the information should be instead of outside of battlefront in a separate origin window.

Message 3 of 8 (1,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Here is another screenshot. I titled the screenshots by name of what the screen presents.

This particular screenshot is what I used to see when I did it from the server list; now this only works if you view profile via Origin (not in the battlefront.exe itself).  

The functionality that behaves like the in-game origin friend list (view profile) behaves like it still does from friend panel but should behave just like viewing a profile in battlefront (whether from lobby or server).

Message 4 of 8 (1,663 Views)

★ Novice

I've had this same issue for forever. Never figured out a way to fix it.

Message 5 of 8 (1,510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Community Manager David, one year later and you or anyone else from EA has come up with an answer or fix. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

same with Apex

Message 7 of 8 (784 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars: Battlefront please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (685 Views)