Plants vs Zombies Gw2- unable to connect 2nd player to EA server

by kirbdawg81

Original Post

Plants vs Zombies Gw2- unable to connect 2nd player to EA server

★★★ Newbie

I have been quite fustrated with this part of the game. I log into EA servers no problem with my main account. I created a second EA account so my kid can play with me. For whatever reason i can only log him in as a guest because when i put in his username and password it says something like Unable to connect to the server at this time or something along those lines. So i have to log him in as a guest so he can't build any of his characters up. The 2nd player always has to play as a level 1 zombie or plant which is pretty crappy because they can't even access the new characters or limited time ones that pop in each week or so.

Am i missing a step or is it as simple as you can't build up a 2nd account playing in the same home? We play split screen. I really hope this isn't going to be one of those answers which tells me i can only get a 2nd xbox on a 2nd tv to have him play with me and build up his characters, rewards, etc.

This seems like a bad feature if i can't do it as anytime 2 players play they are always fighting over who gets the good account.

Message 1 of 20 (19,574 Views)

Re: Plants vs Zombies Gw2- unable to connect 2nd player to EA server

★★★★★ Apprentice

The second person needs to have a PSN account in order for their progress to be saved. You need to add them to your account as a sub account. They need to have their own email address for both PSN and for EA because you'll need to log into both. It took me about 1/2 hour to do it for a family member (once I figured out what I needed to do).

You don't need to add them as a sub account. Just have their account on the PS4. Have them turn on a controller to sign in. Then, use the splitscreen thing in the game, then they press options, and it loads up the backyard in splitscreen.

was all I could find

Message 2 of 20 (19,406 Views)

I'm really short on time, so I couldn't catch every detail in your post, and I don't have time to search for other posts I've answered.  I'll make this really short and hope it helps.

1. Must have online account for PS or xbox - PS plus or xbox live. 

2.  Both players must log into console on their own accounts,.

3.  Both players must have registered EA accounts (free).

4.  Player 1 starts game and then activates split screen.

5.  Player 2 presses options button.

If all goes correctly, the game will reload in split screen with both accounts logged in.

Let me know whether or not this helps.  Also, there are sometimes issues with console sub accounts having permissions set so they cannot play online, you can fix this in the console's permissions settings.

Message 3 of 20 (19,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a separate account for my son with a separate EA account. i have also set all permissions to allow everything on both accounts as far as i can tell and it still says i have an EA login error. i attached an image of the message. it's not helpful. can you log into 2 accounts before you make it a split screen? I thought the login at the start of the game is the xbox live thing? if not I haven't figured that out and maybe that could be something if i can figure out how to do it.

http://imgur.com/a/MduWF

Message 4 of 20 (19,381 Views)

OK, you're beyond my experience now, I've never seen that screen before.  I also have no experience with xbox.  It looks like you're doing everything right.  It sounds like time to deal with the help desk, good luck.

p.s. I have, in the meantime, brought up this issue in a discussion forum where EA employees are active.  Perhaps we might be able to get you some help and settle the issue of the help desk referring questions to us, who are merely players trying to be helpful.  I hope in the future to be able to get more definitive help for those who clearly have technical issues.

Message 5 of 20 (19,373 Views)

I received this response, I hope it helps:

from what I see there they should get in contact with an advisor - best case by phone

the important thing is that they need to select "Manage my account" and not "Technical support"
Message 6 of 20 (19,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Championship,

Thanks for looking into this stuff. i really appreciate it. i'll try the link out and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Message 7 of 20 (19,347 Views)

Hero (Retired)

When you created your child's EA account did you use the same email address as the Xbox account which you made for him? If you did then the two should connect without much effort, otherwise I'd suggest that you check the EA account itself as the account information will show "Connected Accounts" and you should see your child's Xbox account listed there if they are successfully connected.

If that all checks out then I'm not certain what the issue may be, but EA customer service might be able to help you figure it out.

Message 8 of 20 (19,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am going to look into all those things when i get home. i do know this EA acct i am typing on isn't the main one attached to my xbox live acct. i just figured that out so not sure if that matters. it also wasn't verified with EA so i am not sure if that had much to do with anything either. I verified on both my acct and his now so am hoping that makes a difference.

i am also wondering how a 2nd acct would log into PvZ since my xbox live acct is the one that logs into it. hopefully i can figure out how to add a sub account to it. I wonder if there is a way to have both accts on split screen but have my kids acct share all the characters i have. it would seem pointless to have him have to start all his own new characters after all the work i had to put in.

Message 9 of 20 (19,326 Views)

I'm afraid  you cannot transfer any progress from one account to another.  As for the rest, I don't know enough about the ins and outs of xbox.  Hopefully customer service can fix the login issue. You definitely should be able to have both children play together on split screen on their own accounts.

Message 10 of 20 (19,319 Views)