Re: Over 500MB of mobile data usage

by andrewr_origin

Original Post

Over 500MB of mobile data usage

★★★★ Novice

Why does this game use so much mobile data? I have over 500MB of data usage after playing for a month or so. This ate up nearly my entire monthly data plan. I would guess that EA is tracking all the data of how players play each level but can't the level data be cached locally and then synced over wifi? I can understand BlackRidge Rivals syncing as soon as the race is done and if people are using multiple devices it can keep them in sync but that's still a lot of data for one app to use. I see the connecting to server message every time I bring the app back from standby.

Message 1 of 4 (11,965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This might be due to the ad viewing? The videos for the ads are probably a few MB each. I must have watched at least a dozen of those. If possible, cache the ads when on wifi or store them when the same ads play multiple times. That way it doesn't use data streaming the ad content.

Message 2 of 4 (11,946 Views)

@andrewr_origin Mobile games like No Limits don't use a lot of mobile data. In fact, games in general don't use a lot of data. (Although graphics plays a role of data usage)

Games use so little data and internet bandwidth, especially mobile games.

Do you watch videos or stream videos online with your mobile data? If so, then those are the culprits that ate up all of your mobile data.

My tip for you is to play No Limits with Wi-Fi.

If you don't have a lot of data usage, then it's not recommended to play No Limits with your mobile data and just wait until you have a Wi-Fi connection to play the game.

Link: Do Mobile Games Use Data

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (11,930 Views)

★★★★ Novice

TheRealJony wrote: 

Do you watch videos or stream videos online with your mobile data? If so, then those are the culprits that ate up all of your mobile data.

This data usage isn't overall usage, my total data usage for every app and game is 847MB, of this amount NFS No Limits is 642MB. Most games only use a few MB. I'll avoid watching the ads in the game to see if that makes a difference.

Message 4 of 4 (11,925 Views)