Origin Public Service Announcement

by ivrognard

Original Post

Origin Public Service Announcement

Some neat new features are making their way in the beta client. Check this article:

https://www.pcinvasion.com/origin-client-speed-fps-monitor

Would love to keep this thread up and going, with the changes in the client being the new focus. And as you can see, the much requested download management finally made its way in.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 1 of 3 (354 Views)

Re: Origin Public Service Announcement

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

Just a heads up that we're posting these types of announcements on the News & Announcements board:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Announcements/Origin-Spotlight-Download-Speed-Management-and-More/td-p...

General Discussion is definitely the more popular board, so players might have missed this. Having said that, yes, we're absolutely looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

Thanks for posting, @ivrognard.. :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 3 (334 Views)

Re: Origin Public Service Announcement

Download speed management. That was one feature that was requested a lot by the community. Glad it finally made it into the client. It's a good feature and it will help people that want to reserve part of their connection for other activities. It will also ease the load on the HDD. So for this:eahigh_file:

FPS count - great for the streamers, definitely not on my priority listStandard smile. But is there and i think that the streamers will be happy with it.

Cross-game invite - that is a novel idea and it's interesting, too. The fact that you can send a game invite to someone that plays a different game is definitely something new. I like it, but only time will tell how successful will be.

Will point towards a darker theme and the shopping cart features, as i see that they garner more support (one to be implemented, the other to make a comeback). Both features had some good and solid arguments, so i hope that they won't be ignored, nor forgotten. 

As for those three features, they are a good addition to the client. Hopefully, they will be implemented in the stable client soon, so everyone will benefit of them. Thanks for listening to the community and keep up developing this pesky little client of yoursWink

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 3 (324 Views)