On the House - SteamWorld Dig

by Straatford87

Original Post

On the House - SteamWorld Dig

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Header1.png

Start Digging For a Free Game

Wondering what the new On the House game is going to be? Then wait no longer - SteamWorld Dig is now available On the House! Just dig yourself over to the Origin website and click Get It Now to pick up the game, for free! It's yours to keep.

About SteamWorld Dig

SteamWorld Dig is a platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanianinfluences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below…

SteamWorldDig_Rusty_The_Steambot.jpg

Are you ready to start digging?

Message 1 of 14 (1,482 Views)

Re: On The House - SteamWorld Dig

Community Manager (retired)

Great game! Played it a lot on my PlayStation 4. On The House is the great opportunity to jump back into game. Cool graphics and gameplay, totally worth it! 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,422 Views)

Re: On the House - SteamWorld Dig

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you for the game! 

Message 3 of 14 (1,313 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mariusik2695

From all the folks at EA and Origin.. you're welcome! :-)

Message 4 of 14 (1,302 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 5 of 14 (1,277 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Gunna_2k1

As I mentioned in the other thread as well, let me know how you'e enjoyed SteamWorld Dig. It was a huge delight the first time I went through the game.. :-)

Message 6 of 14 (1,270 Views)

★ Novice

i tried to play the game but it wouldn't work!! I tried reparing it and made sure there weren't any updates to be made but it still wouldnt work, someone plz help

Message 7 of 14 (1,244 Views)

EA DICE Team

@anacarolina15

Oh no!

Could you let us know if you're getting any error messages etc? Perhaps try reinstalling?

It could also help to upload a dxdiag to see what type of system you're on.

Message 8 of 14 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the game but it fails to start everytime. Tried to uninstall and verify and neither worked. 

Win 10 

gtx 1080 

Ryzen 1700x

16gb ram

Message 9 of 14 (964 Views)

From what i recall, the game can't install the visual c++ redist properly. And it seems that it's highly dependent of that particular one. 

You will probably have to do something extremely boring, mostly because Microsoft couldn't be bothered to make a cumulative install for all the visual c++ versions and blocked the possibility to install an older version if you have a newer on (visual c++ 2013, 2015 or 2017).

So, basically you will have to uninstall all the visual c++ you have installed and reinstall them in order. How to geek has a decent guide with links to the Microsoft download page for each version. My advice is to install them in the given order and at the end you can grab the newest visual c++ (2017) from here

I had the same problem and mu usual suspects are the redistributables not being properly installed (DirectX, .net Framework and Visual C++ redist). While reinstalling, i've seen the exact version of visual c++ that the game needed, checked in the Control panel to see if i had that version (i didn't, as my OS was relatively recently installed), tried to reinstall the redist, Windows prevented me to do that because "you have a newer version", uninstalled the visual c++ redist, installed all of them in order, because games are using various versions, so i wanted to work less in the future, and i've installed both x86 and x64 for each version (again, they may be needed for older game that i own and so on). It's a bit of work, nothing really complicated. You will be doing this once, with the eventual addition of a new visual C++ redist.

So after doing all this "funny" things, uninstall the game, reinstall, but do not tick the redist checkboxes. Any future reinstallation of the game will have to have those checkboxes unchecked. 

That is how i solved it. Is a bit of a mess, but it will help in the future. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 10 of 14 (957 Views)