by 904e8d29c3cd2aa2

Original Post

Re: No 5000 Gem pack?

★★ Guide

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

@jaydabbler wrote:

^true, but no guaranteed legendaries...

That's marketing

The legendary drop rate was much higher than the guaranteed minimum.

Plus, now you can just buy the legendary cards you want for 1,150 gems each.

You must have some serious luck. there's threads on this board about not getting them with buying multiple 1000 gem packs

Message 21 of 71 (466 Views)

★★ Guide

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

@jaydabbler wrote:

That's marketing

As well. How do you get a specific legendary for 1150?

Message 22 of 71 (465 Views)

★ Guide

@daalnnii I dont watch TV, maybe the news. Also I got the game to play it and not watching adds all day. The result of pay to win games is a grindy guy spending money all day into the game before he realized it was to much, now he is addicted to it, maybe you should see the game from another perspective, maybe from the perspective of an child that wants to play a mobil game without spending his whole lifetime and/or money into it to get the feeling that its fun. Thats the reason young players quit it soon, while the 40 year old republican businessman still plays it.

PS: That was just an example for what I see the game becomes.

Message 23 of 71 (458 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Well if the younger generation isn't paying, they don't care. That's just honesty. If all you bring to the table is whining about how unfair it is, then they don't care. That's business.

And again. Still waiting to read which card game is more fair or gives you more for free...

Hell, even when magic was cards, guess what it was... pay to win.

At least now they match against similar rank, instead of making you fr00bs match against us every match.

Maybe I'm being sauer, but seriously... if you're patient you can get everything free... and faster than hearthstone. The fact you don't have time to watch 20 ads that can get you free cards is your problem, really... they gave you a means to get free stuff, the fact you can't be bothered to do it is nobody's problem but yours.
Message 24 of 71 (454 Views)

★★ Guide

@daalnnii, just asking nicely that you stop the personal attacks in your arguments.  You often provide valuable thoughts and insights into/about the game, and I feel that others could better see the value of your posts if you kept things there.  After all... Hallmark Moment: Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. Angel

Also, if one of the EA folks could adjust the post where you translated Schattenpflanze as a vulgarity instead of "shadow plant" (Google's translate detects Deutsche), that would be appreciated.

Message 25 of 71 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
You're right, aphid. And when you're right, you're right... i'll make the adjustment myself.

I'm human. I get tired of it sometimes too, but i realize that doesn't excuse poor behavior in kind. I don't want this place to turn into a tell garden either and understand we're the ones setting the time for these forums... i may slip sometimes, but I'll always keep that in mind.

To all affected by my mood, i really am sorry. I'm a snide, crude person, but i generally try to be civil and sccomodating. No excuses.

Ich brauche google, nicht. Ich kann Deutsch.

That all being said, while my wording is inexcusable, the message stands. You really can't complain about this change to a free product that still gives you more than any successful one in its class.

You may not like the changes, but this game is still very fair with how it treats it's free players. If you don't like the changes, hard truth, leave. Not being mean, but you leaving and not giving them any chance of ever making money off of you says much more than complaining about fair in a free game.
Message 26 of 71 (441 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@904e8d29c3cd2aa2 wrote:

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

@jaydabbler wrote:

That's marketing

when you go to the created decks they have, it will give you an option to buy the remaining cards you need, either in bulk or by clicking on the card in the builder.

Message 27 of 71 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@daalnnii wrote:

@904e8d29c3cd2aa2 wrote:

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

@jaydabbler wrote:

That's marketing

when you go to the created decks they have, it will give you an option to buy the remaining cards you need, either in bulk or by clicking on the card in the builder.

K I'm going to be a pain. I still don't see where you can create individual cards with gems. So I go into the pre built decks how you can buy the remaining cards for x but not individuals. Mind walking me through it?

Message 28 of 71 (425 Views)

Champion (Retired)

actually, yeah, it is only the one option...  i just had one legendary left to get on the one i looked at.  but, at the very least, you know what you're getting for the cost.  better than even paying money, really.  and considering you can still get the gems for free, it should only be a matter of a few days before you can start filling them out...  on top of that, you can get event cards that aren't craftable yet.

and another note, you can use computer emulation and download on any devices you own to watch videos again on those devices.  some people get up to 1000 for free a day and EA has okayed it.  as long as you don't change the software, you're within the tos.  that makes it easier to fill out those decks, buy your event cards, and keep up with those who pay.  while you aren't guaranteed legendaries with diamonds from packs, save enough and are guaranteed the event cards and legendaries you'd like.

Message 29 of 71 (419 Views)

★★ Guide

That's what I figured. Someone posted earlier what the cost of each one was and I was curious where he came up with the figures. 

While i I understand the point you and some others have made, I'm still not personally happy with the changes. While I feel the option to finish decks with an option to buy cards with gems isn't a bad one, taking away the multi packs is greedy in my opinion. 

You make the the point that you can get 1000 free gems. In truth EA is making money from those as well. Clicks = money and your time has value so that's just what these games want you to think. You're getting something for nothing which is not the case. 

Im sure there are more like me, I enjoy the grind to get all the cards and they've made it more difficult. Did they spoil us? Maybe but then to punish players who have been grinding loyally to your game is wrong in my opinion. 

The solution "leave" is a real one and I 100% guarantee you while you feel it's a viable option, it's not what EA wants. 

Message 30 of 71 (406 Views)