No 5000 Gem pack?

by 904e8d29c3cd2aa2

Original Post

Re: No 5000 Gem pack?

★★ Pro

@Schattenpflanze wrote:

This Game is soo Pay-to-Win, its crazy. I cant understand that people still support this. After any update it got more P2W and now they changed something that was in the game since release?! Think about it: Its a Kids-mobilgame and it costs more than GW1 and GW2 combined (when you want all cards). Now you cant even get a guaranteed legendary, actually this update was just sad.

What makes this a kids game?

You will be able to get every card in this game without paying anything.

The odds of getting a legendary card are about 1 in 11 packs, last I checked. You're just as likely to get two in a set of 11 packs as you are to get none.

Plus, now you can purchase the super-rare and legendary cards with gems.

Message 11 of 71 (475 Views)

★★ Pro

@904e8d29c3cd2aa2 wrote:

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

@904e8d29c3cd2aa2 wrote:

Was sitting at 4940 last night and knew I was going to get to 5000 this morning and wake up to find that the multipack is $40 and there is no gem option? Really?!!!

Unfortunately, yes. Really.

That's what the countdown next to the multipacks was telling you for the past week.

It's not that big of a deal though. You just get 55 packs now instead of 60 for 5,000 gems.

Not only do you not get any guaranteed legendaries but you're losing out on 30 cards for sparks. I'd say that's a big deal. For me I have all legendaries but one and was really just going for sparks, dupes and heros but I think it's unfortunate that they chose to go this way. Especially for newer players. Much more difficult to get legendaries now. The countdown ended yesterday as well, no correlation with the update by the way. 

You get 9% less cards when spending 5,000 gems all at once. It's not really a big deal.

There is no difference in the number of legendary cards you will get from packs. The legendary card guarantee was just marketing.

Message 12 of 71 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@jaydabbler wrote:

^true, but no guaranteed legendaries...

That's marketing

The legendary drop rate was much higher than the guaranteed minimum.

Plus, now you can just buy the legendary cards you want for 1,150 gems each.

Message 13 of 71 (473 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Schattenpflanze is a card game.   So yeah, paying money gets you more cards to create and player higher level decks.   Just like EVERY TCG/CCG EVER!!  As a matter of fact, this game gives you cards more frequently than magic, hearthstone, yugioh, etc.

It's a business.   They're designed to make them money, contrary to what you must think, they didn't make this game for people to just enjoy outta the goodness of their hearts.   But even with that,  they're still among the most fair in their free elements. 

And,  i too, wonder why you classify it as a kids game...  is it family friendly? Sure, but just for kids?  No more than video gaming in general.   Or was that you just trying to justify being a person who wants to enjoy a product but not support it?

Message 14 of 71 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I think it is a BIG DEAL.

10% more cards matters. That was the point of saving 5000 gems, so you can get that extra 10%.

More importantly, the general rule of good business is if you were giving something to your customers before, you should never take it away.

And as a customer, I am not happy this was taken away from us.

I was saving for a long time to get that extra 10% cards.

Message 15 of 71 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Well, leave.   Seriously.   Find a card game that gives you more and go enjoy that. That's how capitalism works. 

And what business do you run?  EA runs a very successful one.   So do i.  I used to give free estimates, i had to stop that due to gas prices.  Still in business.   But thanks for the lesson in business.   You're obviously the one to ask. 

But leave.   Your entitled self won't be missed.   And frankly, i don't want my few hundred bucks supporting ungrateful people like you. 

If i had to guess...  you're a millenial and a liberal...  I'm right aren't i?  Cause apparently the world owes you, and logical arguments don't matter as much as how you feel. 

Message 16 of 71 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

i purchased a ton of 1K packs with no legendaries, so don't tell me that the guarantee is just marketing

Message 17 of 71 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

LoL. You are not even close.

In fact I am a conservative.

I also happened to be quite accomplished in business.

And yes, I am considering leaving.

Not so much because I don't enjoy the game but as a matter of principal because I feel betrayed by EA.

Yes, my feeling matters. A drop of poison can spoil the sweetest dish.

As far as logic goes. Perhaps if they gave something to replace the functionality they took away, I'd be more accepting. But they didn't give anything, had they.

In fact your "logical" argument is basically "swallow whatever they give you and be happy with it".

Finally, it appears to me that you haven't contributed any value to the discussion except telling me I should leave. Obviously my post has somehow agitated you. Perhaps it is you who'd like to leave the forums.

Message 18 of 71 (434 Views)

★ Guide

@daalnnii

Okey, first of all...are you some kind of billionair? A "few HUNDRED bucks"!!! Who would spend so much money in something like this? Even if that is your fav game of all time, the amount of money is just crazy, but its your money so I dont care, it just shocked me.

So yes your right all card games are P2W, REAL card games, where you get REAL cards that you can sell on ebay or amazon, but this is a mobil card game, these cards are worth nothing.

Of course they have to get money from the game, but not in this extent. I know Popcap for years and they werent always that money hungry.

That game was made for kids, but like any other kids game, adults play it too. The majority is still under 16 years. And you can get all cards too, without spending real money, but the amount of time and gem grind is overwhelming.

Message 19 of 71 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Can you sell your hearthstone cards easier? Animation throwdown? Do those game give you as much for free? Huh, new to me. Even go fish has in app purchases. Again. Name one that is better. So far nobody can, but you ask still talk about how unfair this game is... you know why? Because you like this one. You know what you should do if you like a product? Support it.
Emp... what did your remarks add beyond entitlement? And EA did add... they gave you up to 200 gems a day from 30. Then gave you time to exploit it. You just want more, emp. You want your free deck to get you to ultimate (instead of matching you with other free players for fair matches) you want the decks i paid for through whining, not effort or paying
Schattenpflanze, what does it matter to you what i spend my money on? Do you have cable? Because i think tv is stupid, but i wont judge you for probably spending thousands on it at this point in your life. But my spending is with a point. I regressed to buy ea for a few years. They were horrible. Ive chosen to give them money on this game because i like what they're doing and i want them to continue. It's called capitalism. Im telling them how i feel with my wallet.
Message 20 of 71 (423 Views)