New plant side ideas... feedback welcome

by daalnnii

Original Post

New plant side ideas... feedback welcome

Champion (Retired)
A while back @Cryptonox1 had what i consider to be a great idea by asking grave buster to also have the ability to draw a card, making it useful in some way, regardless of the deck your facing. My first idea is asking this lines.

As always feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Acid Melon: 4 cost 2/2 melon that destroys gravestones in the lane its played.
It's obviously a melon, but as for which class it should go in, help me out!

My other idea is:

Shovel: 1 cost trick. Destroys a plant. Basically to make room for something more useful.

Message 1 of 7 (473 Views)

Re: New plant side ideas... feedback welcome

★★★★★ Guide

The Acid Melon sounds fine interesting, but I don't know if it may see the light someday. People are complaining about how useless Gravebuster is, so another card that revolves around gravestones... I don't think it will receive too much apreciation.

The shovel sounds interesting, but at least for me, I would prefer buffing an existing plant and keep it there until it is destroyed, rather that having to spend 1 sun to remove it.

Message 2 of 7 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Azombioso i think players' main problem with gravebuster is that it's completely useless when facing an opponent without grave stones... Which i why i figured putting the ability on a weak plant could fix that. At least it still can fill a lane if the opponent isn't running gravestones, albeit for a high cost.

That being said, what would make this card useful to you?  What would compel you to put it in a deck?   Would you lower it to 3 suns?  Would you make it higher damage?

I do see your point about shovel...  what if shovel was a zero cost card, but still took up room in your deck? 

Message 3 of 7 (447 Views)

★★ Guide
What about if you combo Gravebuster up with the new Spyris card that reveals what's under the Gravestone? I think it would be more useful instead of just deciding if it's worth leaving the Grave alone or destroying it if you see what's under it and not trying to guess what's under it.
Message 4 of 7 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
I think Acid Melon would be useful I can see you using Spyris first to examine what's underneath the Grave so you can decide if it's worth using Acid Melon to destroy it or leave it alone and given that combo and Acid Melons effect I'd say it's a Smarty Plant for its Class. Also like all Melon Plants in the game, Melon Pult and Winter Melon Pult, since this is a Melon Plant it would be appropriate for it to have Splash damage and be able to destroy the Grave infront of it and next door making it an upgraded Splash Effect of Gravebuster! The FIRST UPGRADED VERSION OF GRAVEBUSTER! Muahahaha!
Message 5 of 7 (430 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is very useful with citron 

Message 6 of 7 (398 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@daalnnii I like the idea of a Acid Melon since it is multipurpose unlike Grave Buster.  Lower cost of 3 sun though maybe.  I like @bringerofdarknes idea of splash damage.  If it had that, 4 suns is reasonable.

Shovel could work.  I hate getting plant attack power lowered and rescuing the plant would be nice.

On another note, your idea got me thinking about a plant card that could lock a zombie in their gravestone.  Creepy(ing) Ivy is a plant trick which topples the gravestone, but locks the zombie in their grave for say 3 turns.  It takes up an attack lane for zombies, but with the gravestone toppled. plants can attack.  If no gravestone is present, have it "tie up" a zombie for three turns preventing them from attacking.

BPRD

Message 7 of 7 (384 Views)