Re: Need for Speed series

by xxxCROMxxx

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@master2g wrote:

Hmmm, good thread, let me light my bubble pipe as i lean back in my plaid wool socks and ponder...  :P

That brings up a hilarious image... Large smile

Also fun to see that I'm not the only one that enjoyed Underground 2 and Carbon the most.. :-)

Message 11 of 94 (1,009 Views)

★★ Guide

1.So, which game brought you into the series?

BattleField 4 - I played "Most Wanted" a couple years ago, and played a number of the NFS series over the last 20 years or so.  They changed a lot since the 386 days.

2.Which one is your all-time favorite and why?

I like aspects of them all.  I would take parts from them and all and make the next one.  

3.What do you think of the recent entries?

A step in the right direction, sort of.

4What would you change?

GFX and gameplay wise I would not change anything, however, I would make an option to turn off that annoying blue line, the option to alloy Text Chat or Voice Chat, allow blocking of each person in said communication method, offer new materials like expansion of map, listen to the community and fix those things that need fixing.  I never had a steering issue like I have in NFS2015.  I would not alienate PC gamers like they did in NFS2015.  Where the HELL is the Keyboard button layout image like the controllers - seriously, people have to guess on the key?  

Did you know O, ESC, ENTER re-starts your event?  

5.What would you like to make a comeback from the past games?

Being able to use more than 10 cars.  I have like $4-5 million and nothing to do with it.  I am not going to sell and rebuy/rebuild every car.  A WTF moment.

6.Your personal top NFS games

NFS2015   Standard smile

I like the game even with the issues.  My RIG is not the best and I upgraded what I could.  If I purchase a NEW RIG tomorrow I would probably play 2015 more. 

Side Note:

You need practice.  NFS2015 is all about being able to change up your driving skills from one event to the other.  

NFS2015 is a great game but you need the RIG in order to be able to play it.  They, EA, have suggested minimums, the biggest one I push is for people to have at least 16MB of RAM, or you get dead zones on the map where you fall into a void.  This becomes really friggin annoying LOL   The increase in RAM also helps gameplay and keyboard input blanking.  

I used a keyboard/mouse combo to complete NFS2015, Prestige events and all.  Ya, it was tough but worth it.  I never used a wheel and I am not a race car driver or drift artist in real life, I just know how to drive and tune my ride to get'er done.

Message 12 of 94 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xxxCROMxxx

Heya! Thanks for stopping by.. how have you been? :-)

You're a long-time fan of Need for Speed by the looks of it. I'm glad to see that the series has brought you much fun over the years. And seeing as NFS15 is your favorite, it's great that we did seem to have hit that oldschool feeling, while still being innovative in how we told the story. A downside was like you mentioned that the game required an intense system to perform well.

I hope that the upcoming title will have you just as excited. There isn't any information available yet.. but what are you hoping for in terms of gameplay?

Message 13 of 94 (993 Views)

★★ Pro

@Straatford87 , consider your self lucky i didn't use my " kick back in my worn out battered but oh so comfy undies" description. That one has cause some serious mind trauma , blindness and iv been banned from forums for it  Wink lol.

Yep I enjoyed those 2 just as much for sure bud . Hours well spent in my books Large smile

Message 14 of 94 (987 Views)

@master2g, @xxxCROMxxx thanks for those opinions and tips on NFS2015.

I postponed playing it until i've got a new PC and the control scheme was a nightmare for me (i don't have a wheel or a controller and the controller is the most likely to be on my next shopping list, as i want to replace my keyboard with a mechanical one and get a better mouse, with a controller added in the process).

Which reminds me: what controller would you recommend, as i am a bit lost, because i did not use one on PC since nineties?! I have a few fighting games that are waiting for me to play them, plus the poor Dark Souls (the first game has a horrendous control scheme for a PC gamer that is used with mouse/keyboard).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 15 of 94 (980 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that I have a Razer Keyboard now, a mechanical one.  This also helped reduce the steering blanking, but not totally.  

New PC, yes, mine is 7-8 years old now.  A Dell XPS9000.  Pretty sure my next PC will be one of these: http://www.dell.com/ca/p/alienware-area51-r2/pd?ref=PD_OC

Oh, and I have never really used a controller on a PC.  K/M.

Message 16 of 94 (973 Views)

★★ Guide

@Straatford87

Gamplay:

Similar to that of NFS2015 would be great.  I found the one on one random challenges fun, but with no chat function, frustrating to arrange since people never used Origin so much to chat with.  I am pretty sure the design team would admit that having to use an outside program to chat* was lame.  

BattleField 4 has a good chat box - Pressing "H" Cycles through chat display options.  If you don't want to see it - hide it.  Also, have it so that if a player is racing and someone IM"s them in game that an auto reply comes back saying that "The player you are contacting is currently in a race, they will reply to you once they are finished"  Standard smile

The Drag race idea was good.  But again, no chat, hard to arrange.  How about including a Drag Race 1/4 mile on a map next time  Standard smile

The hard level Prestige events were great - they are tough with a Keyboard Mouse, but they also take you out of your comfort zone and make you push to win.  You cannot just remember the course, you have to drive them.

The garage idea, great, but allow for more cars.

Allow for immediate balancing by allowing race reports to be reported for "hacking" results and said players banned/punished and for unbalanced cars to be fixed or blocked from racing until they are fixed.  I raced a few times in Multiplayer, and never went back.  I spent a number of hours in NFS Most Wanted racing multiplayer, even came in first a few times, and didn't have to drive the same car every time to do so.  

The customing of cars.  Great.  No change.  Well, next time can we get a 350 Vega?

The story line.  More of the same. I enjoyed the little videos and the challenges.

Make things optional - like the gps line.  ugg.    lol

*Chat filters these days are pretty extensive on the words they block, but then in NFS Most Wanted you could also block voice chatters, but again, not everyone can voice chat or wants to, especially with all the lame idiots out there using bad language ( i mean racial political etc.).

Message 17 of 94 (970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ivrognard , all good. Its always great to have a constructive intelligent chat with fellow gamers.  :eahigh_file:

For me I played with a controller in my hands for every NFS game I had , even when i move to the PC later on from consoles.

I used a Logitech G27 wheel for Shift 2 but every other one just felt more at home to me with a controller. Now I use this one here. I'm Canadian "eh" so it is a Canadian price Standard smile

https://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Xbox-Wired-Controller-Windows/dp/B004QRKWLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

It works but i wish EA and Ghost would support it in the next NFS 2017 because it a widely used controller in my opinion. Anyways that is what I use and find it and the behind view camera in game works best for me. Its just how I always played them so it became natural for me this way. Plus with no replays i need to see and enjoy my ride running on the streets. It would be mega awesome if we got replay mode and cockpit cams in the next one. Then I would use a wheel for cockpit and still be able to see my ride in the race replays. Standard smile

Message 18 of 94 (962 Views)

EA DICE Team

@master2g wrote:

@EA_Tom , consider your self lucky i didn't use my " kick back in my worn out battered but oh so comfy undies" description. That one has cause some serious mind trauma , blindness and iv been banned from forums for it  Wink lol.

Yep I enjoyed those 2 just as much for sure bud . Hours well spent in my books Large smile

Thanks for restraining yourself.. LOL Large smile

@master2g @ivrognard @xxxCROMxxx

I'm not in a position to personally recommend a certain brand of controller for gaming. But what I can add is that the only controller that is supported in our games by default is the XB1 controller. For older titles, it's the XB360 controller (but this one doesn't work with our newer titles out of the box - it requires tweaking). If you're going to play lot's of Origin games, then this is something to keep in mind.

Having said that, I'm proud to say that I've played at least the older NFS games all with mouse & keyboard. Comfortable? Not really.. but it did get the job done.. Large smile These days since I own several consoles, it's much easier to just use a controller though.

@xxxCROMxxx

You've got some great thoughts & suggestions right there! I hope you will be excited when we've got more to share about the upcoming game.. Standard smile

@master2g @ivrognard @xxxCROMxxx @Mikimuster3 @DarkBanishing

We're going to make a weekly thread we're we focus on discussing an EA game series. Any ideas about which game series you would like to discuss in the upcoming thread?

Message 19 of 94 (955 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_Tom,  Lmao ..you are welcome Large smile

What game series ? Yikes that's a tough one as so many come to mind . Gonna have to spend some time on my bubble pipe pondering that one.

Message 20 of 94 (944 Views)