Nec'Rose and her Jinx

by Berit

Original Post

Nec'Rose and her Jinx

★ Guide

I finally got Nec'Rose this weekend, so happy Standard smile
Its been a challange getting her to almost max during the weekend, but I enjoy Jinxing Zombies alot!

Although, I started wondering if the Jinx not only made me and my team hurt them more, but also if it made them hurt us less?
Im not sure, maybe it was just pure luck that I wasnt hurt as bad. But I was playing the Moon-Base map and it was in a rather hectic situation and I was Jinxing away all I could. 
I wasnt taking much dmg so I started wondering if it also made the Zombies less effective?

Does it?, Or was I just very lucky not getting hit at the moment ? Standard smile

Btw, what do you think about Nec'Rose...do you play her and like her as a character?

Message 1 of 10 (874 Views)

Re: Nec'Rose and her Jinx

Hero (Retired)

As far as I'm aware Nec'Rose's Jinx doesn't Nerf the damage that Zombies dish out, it just Buffs the damage that they take.

I have her at Super Elite currently and I'd have to say that she's the Rose I like the least; it might be that I'm still distracted by the 'new toy' of Jinxing so I'm not using her as effectively as I could be but I did realize last week or so that you don't have to charge her shot for very long in order for it to Jinx the target so I went through the rest of my time with her Jinxing any Zombie who didn't see me coming.

Generally speaking though I personally dislike any character with a "Charged Shot" mechanic and I tend to do less well with those variants compared to those without the Charged Shot feature.

Message 2 of 10 (827 Views)

★ Guide

Yes agree charge-Roses arent as fun. Nec'Rose is semi ok though because of her faster chargetime.

I wish I had Party Rose to try out. You tried her?

Message 3 of 10 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Berit wrote:

Yes agree charge-Roses arent as fun. Nec'Rose is semi ok though because of her faster chargetime.

I wish I had Party Rose to try out. You tried her?

Once you get a hang of Fire Rose you will regret having said that. Her charged shot is so powerful, it's not even funny. 

Party Rose is also strong at medium range, but her projectiles have trouble to follow faster moving targets. She is really powerful in Ops, but in competitive multiplayer you need to work out some strategies before you ever see her party mode.

Message 4 of 10 (808 Views)

I don't like playing any charged shot variants either, I can almost never land the darned shot, so the damage is useless for me.  Nec'rose is the only one I'll play, and I still only do so-so with her.  Lots of points from assists and jinx assists, but vanguish numbers are seriously underwhelming for me.  I do see other players use her in ways that help the team as much as I do, but also get lots of vanguishes (I've been on the receiving end quite a number of times).

Message 5 of 10 (807 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Berit

Party Rose was actually the first of the Party variants I unlocked and I still enjoy playing her for her soundtrack during Party Time. Many players have said they don't like her as much because your default damage is a little less to balance out the damage boost you get while in Party Time but for me she's very fun and her speed boost and soundtrack make her very fun to play in my opinion and that counts for a lot.

@Screion

I initially found the Fire Rose awkward, it wasn't until I unlocked her Homing Upgrade that her full Charged Shot became a real force to be reckoned with, and it gets easier to make vanquishes with her at that point. Generally when I use her I try to lead with the full charged blast and then follow up with the little bursts- a lot of being successful with her, and really any Charged Shot variant, depends on learning when to pause for that build up and when to just plug away rapidly. I only use her in Multiplayer though because your finger will definitely get tired during the more intense Garden Ops sessions.

@pandareno1999

Personally I find that success with any Rose depends a lot on finding that right range and position on the map which allows you to fire Homing shots on the Zombies without being initially observed while being reasonably close to teammates for backup and getting a good feel for when you're taking too much return fire and using Arcane Enigma to beat a retreat so you can keep your streak going. Once you get that Homing Upgrade it gets really easy to terrorize novice Zombie players, but you have to watch out for the experienced guys which is why I like to save my Arcane Enigma for retreats only; preferably to lead the pursuer back into other Plant players for a tag team moment.

Message 6 of 10 (790 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I hear what y'all are saying. Please put more time in with the ice rose. She seems to have amazing homing abilities even with the charge shot. Then they freeze making an easy target. I've struggled a little with the nec rose as well, but if you have a good team then you're golden. If they would of realeased her months before Christmas then you would see her potential even more. There's a lot of new players right now which is great! Unfortunately it doesn't help with using nec rose. The early days of gw2 burned me on the rose. So I don't care for rose to much, still bitter I guess. My son has gw2 on PC, she seems to move and shoot twice as fast on that version for some reason.
Message 7 of 10 (784 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I find the Ice Rose is excellent for those times when the Zombie team features a lot of Imp players. Not only do the Homing thistles make all their jumping around pointless, and they get frozen in place for an even easier finish.

The same freezing makes dealing with Z-Mechs easier as well and I always make certain to focus on them when I see them approaching or getting called down.
Message 8 of 10 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's taken me a while but I've become advanced at the Nec'Rose's Jinx.  At first I couldn't understand this character ever being developed but after last night I got used to her and I really like her a lot.  Like with many other tid bits with characters you get rewards with skills developed.  I was able to knock out multiple Super Brainz within one TT if you can use her at a distance.  At first I thought I just got lucky with them being low health and/or newer players (probably still somewhat true).  She does well on certain maps as well...I do admit she is not your everyday character.

Message 9 of 10 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think the map makes a big difference.  I can't do much good with her on zombopolis.  Maps with great sight lines, like seeds of time, she works very well.

Message 10 of 10 (710 Views)