Re: Name a movie that desribes your playstyle

by ivrognard

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

Game series: Battlefield

Movie: A mix of Kelly's Heroes, Inglorious Basterds and Catch 22

If you're playing with me, you're up for a bizarre experience straight from loony bin.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 11 of 18 (267 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@spitfiresiemion, that seems like a perfect storm of madness alright :eahigh_file:

@Straatford87, you haven't seen Rambo, I mean... how? 0.o

Baffled regards,

EA_Roger.

Roger.png
Message 12 of 18 (252 Views)

Game: Alpha Protocol

Because of the lack of the movie equivalent, i will go for a TV series: Burn Notice

Reasons: a mix of stealth, gunplay and fast talk, with the gunplay kept to the minimum

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 13 of 18 (238 Views)

★ Pro

Any game that has lots of sidequests, or other random stuff to do.

Hmm, can't really think of movie where the main character leaves no stone unturned. Suggestions? (not talking OCD levels here, just being very thorough).

Sherlock Holmes?

Message 14 of 18 (231 Views)

@Vellu78  ermm...no. Holmes is too focused to get distracted. Maybe Phillip Marlowe, if you still wish to use detectives for an analogy?! Or Sam Spade...? The movies would be The Big Sleep and, respectively, The Maltese Falcon. There is also Maigret, that fits that bill.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 15 of 18 (211 Views)

★ Pro

@ivrognard wrote:

@Vellu78  ermm...no. Holmes is too focused to get distracted. Maybe Phillip Marlowe, if you still wish to use detectives for an analogy?! Or Sam Spade...? The movies would be The Big Sleep and, respectively, The Maltese Falcon. There is also Maigret, that fits that bill.

I suppose most detective stories might work, though "detecting" not necessarily the trait I was going for. Just the completionist gaming style, but as said...hard to pinpoint a movie/protagonist like that.

Message 16 of 18 (207 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Vellu78

The Big Lebowski, man! He solved the mystery.. Wink

Message 17 of 18 (201 Views)

Well...a detective investigates. Holmes and Poirot's powers were deduction and reasoning. Spade and Marlowe would go all over the town following the clues, interrogating people and, sometimes, fighting. Maigret...well, Maigret was a very different beast. He would follow the clues, investigate, interrogate, but he would make people talk and gather his information from them, learning at the same about their personality, psychology and mannerism.

What can i say? I do love a good detective story. And by the way, i'd really recommend you to watch the recent Maigret movies, the ones with Rowan Atkinson. And yes, Mr. Bean surprised me again by making a really good Maigret, one that is near the one made by the french actor Jean Gabin. So if you have the possibility watch those TV movies.

Message 18 of 18 (190 Views)