Re: NHL 14/16/17 - Be a Pro/Live The Life. Which is Best?

by EA_Barry

Original Post

NHL 14/16/17 - Be a Pro/Live The Life. Which is Best?

★★★ Newbie
Hey everybody.

I haven't played/owned a hockey game since I bought NHL 2K7 for the Xbox 360. I'm more than overdue to get back into hockey now that I own an Xbox One. I am impressed with the amount of changes brought to hockey games since I last played. Most notably, I am intrigued by Be a Pro/Live the Life mode (NHL 14).

I've narrowed down my purchase to NHL 14, 16 or 17 (excluding 15 for obvious reasons). Considering Be A Pro/Live the Life exclusively, which do you recommend most? I really like the potential for off ice gameplay present in Live The Life (14), but would also assume that 16 and 17's game mechanics are going to be a bit more fleshed out and enjoyable (not to mention featuring a more up to date roster). I'm also curious if anyone knows whether or not you can play WHL teams (Calgary Hitmen/Red Deer Rebels) in these modes prior to moving up to the NHL?

Thanks for helping out this out of touch noob and hockey fan. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.
Message 1 of 2 (332 Views)

Re: NHL 14/16/17 - Be a Pro/Live The Life. Which is Best?

Community Manager

@PunkerNinetySix

You will probably want to play with your friends so maybe ask around and see which one they are playing.

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (314 Views)