Re: NFS on PC

by NotForYourGranny

Original Post

NFS on PC

★ Novice

Ok, let‘s start. I‘m the PC keyboard player and play NFS from the very beginning (57 years old). So far, beside graphics, this is, for me, the WORST NFS ever! Why?

- loading of game is frustrating even I install game on SSD disk (I7, processor, GTX 960)

- map is very, very small

- what is the point with only night and rain driving

- rain and wet streets does not affect to car behaviour

- races are mostly boring (due to small map)

- to much drift races for me (but it is a matter of taste)

- only 5 car slots (wtf !!!). If I want to use “free” car I need to sell one that I already “invest” a lot of money, and it is not possible to return it back, so I need to buy it again and tune again, spent a lot of money again

- cars are magnet for truck and other traffic - almost not possible to avoid them

- other AI racers simply go to kill me all the time. What is the point?

- no much online players, or I cant see them

- crews are not available !!!

- If I’m on road and car is tuned for sprint, and someone challenge me in a drift race, I have no possibility to tune car on street – need to go to garage to tune for drift. Went out and other player challenge me for sprint race. And again, again, again

- etc., etc., ...

So far, I think that this game is made FOR KIDS only, and it is not very well optimized for PC players

PLS, add your impressions

Message 1 of 4 (660 Views)

★ Apprentice

My feedback? You are a very grumpy grumpy old man.
First of all man this ain't simulator so you can't expect an arcade game to have realistic physics. If it were like in real life you are aware that not even one car you would be able to drive? They would slide like on ice.
Secondly "only night and rain" and i ask you this... Why the hell not? Why does it have to be day? Have you EVER raced during the day? Do you have any idea how much traffic there is during day time and don't get me started on annoying sun glare. You can't see anything especailly after rain. So forget this rivals or most wanted 2012 or most wanted 2005 bullcrap. It's even more unrealistic to race during the day then to race on wet asphalt 300 km/h.
Thirdly you have 10 spaces.
Oh and last one how the hell is this a very small map? It is compact but it is FUN. I don't think NFS is the right game for you man. I would suggest "the crew". It fits your caliber. It has sunny day time (which pokes my eye balls out) and it has whole of america as a map. You slide more during rain fall. I don't like the crew for specific reasons but i'm not gonna act like a kid and whine about what i hate about the specific game. I just simply won't play it and don't spoil it for the people who actually might like the game.
If you trully are a grown up man and this is just a "kids" game for you then i suggest you go and play dirt rally or asseto corsa or iRacing. Those are real "grown up man" type of games.

Message 2 of 4 (636 Views)

★ Novice

My dear Marclaris. It seems that you are very grumpy young man. You somehow overloked my notice that I play NFS from the first day, which means from the 1st NFS game ever published (more than 2 decades ago) and consequently I know what I'm talking about. I compare this NFS with a lot of prevoiuys NFS, and not with others racing games.

I have 10 spaces from yesterday evening, not from the begining, and I realy had to sell 3 fully upgraded cars just to try other cars!!! Map is small in comparation to previous NFS games, and that is it.

Yes I'm pasionate racer and play only driving games more than 25 years. To conclude, I spent 69 EUR just for almost nothing, or better to say, just for a couple of hours of playing. It is realy too much.

Message 3 of 4 (626 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree, I've played almost all the NFS games since ps1 and I'm 23, I think this "reboot" nfs does not live up to the better NFS games. In comparison to NFSUG2 this game is a total joke.

For starters my main complaint is that this game was not at all calibrated for keyboard players - it's impossible to steer any car, it's like driving a semi with two trailers.
And the menu interface is not intuitive.

Graphics are ok, but not good enough to justify taking 5-7gb of ram at any time.

Amy's Nissan, no matter what, cannot outrun 4 lambos and a Ferrari, for that matter not even a GTR. But the game mechanics allow this to happen regardless. Was this game made by kids? Or people that know nothing about cars in any reality lol.

The lack of visual customizations is impressive.

Drifting mechanics are just insanely *. NfS carbon had better mechanics. But nfsug2 is still superior.

EA has terrible support, live chat take forever and I haven't been able to get contact. No way to email support. Community answers dont resolve Jack *.unless you're trying to connect an xbox controller.

But for real, this game better be more fun with a controller or I'm gonna try to get a refund. Next to impossible to play with a keyboard. I'm going to keep playing nfsug2 until I get a controller for this game. #disappointment

Message 4 of 4 (578 Views)