NFS 2016 Graphic Reshade Mod-more realistic color,detail sharpness and shading

by master2g

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS 2016 Graphic Reshade Mod-more realistic color,detail sharpness and shading

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Preset has been updated.See bottom post titled "A" for new comparison picture Standard smile

I would say i am most certainly one of those people who are super picky when it comes to audio and video quality. I have both my Home theater system and PC gaming system rooms fully tweaked and calibrated 110%. With that being said i was for the most part impressed with the graphics in NFS 2015. They are really good but i was really bugged by the green and yellow filters and the extreme dulling/ blur caused by TAA. Thus i had to find a way to bring out the awesome graphics underneath all that filter garbage. Researching brought me to reshade mediator which has been around for a bit but was "new to me". This tool is awesome and the creator deserves loads of credit and praise. I have been tweaking NFS 2015 with it for a good while now and have found a good setup / profile for it that works well for my taste and Dell U3014 monitor as of present day . I have the  monitor running fully calibrated and my gt 780ti on 10 bpc and full color control is handle by my monitor. . Here is a before and after shot with my re shade mediator profile . Keep in mind it will look different on different monitors as no monitor is calibrated equally and uploading compresses the photo a bit as well. They are originally 2560x1600p png files so the are big and had to be reduce a bit to upload . I find with some color , contrast, brightness and sharping [ alot of sharpening to be exact as TAA really dulls the heck out of this game ] NFS 2015 really comes to life. I highly recommend downloading reshade mediator and taking the time to tweak as it can really bring this game to life.  In each post the top pic is " the before" and the bottom is " the after " with reshade applied. Suggest saving each image to desktop and flipping between both to really see the difference. Thanks for looking. Standard smile

Message 1 of 13 (11,771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS 2015 Graphics Reshade mod. Goodbye blur

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I hope that common sense will prevail and those who use it realize that. If sharing the mod here causes issues i certainly can remove the post or links if need be . Standard smile

All support , if needed can be found through the Reshade forums. Thanks

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (12,723 Views)

All Replies

Re: NFS 2015 Graphics Reshade mod.

★★ Pro

2 more Standard smile

Message 2 of 13 (11,755 Views)

★★ Pro

Couple more. Again save to desktop and cycle between them if you want.

Message 3 of 13 (11,755 Views)

★★ Pro

I have a lot more shots but will finish with these two. thanks for looking .

Message 4 of 13 (11,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

In case any one is interested here is the link for the Reshade Preset .

https://reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/2849-master2g-3c-need-for-speed-2016-reshade-preset#20149

Message 5 of 13 (11,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

Can you please post what effects and settings you have used, maybe it will help some people that want to improve the graphics. Unfortunately for me, between the frustratingly long loading times, unskippable cinematics, catastrophic car control, to mention just a few, i found it just too disappointing to even bother, so i requested a refund. I've played almost all the games in the series and honestly this was one of the biggest disappointments, it seems they are just going from bad to worse with each release. It's the essence of what PC gaming has become, developers that couldn't care less what players want and only spew out s.h.i.t.t.y console ports for quick cash grabs! 

Message 6 of 13 (11,552 Views)

★★ Pro

Sure can. Go here and follow the steps listed down further along in the post. Thanks. All credit for Reshade goes to Crosire.

PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE HIS WORK WITH OUT HIS PERMISSION. Thank You Standard smile

https://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/2849-master2g-3c-need-for-speed-reshade-preset#20150

Message 7 of 13 (11,498 Views)

Community Manager

@master2g@dontknowwhoiam

I just want to add an official word on this:

This is a third party modification and is not supported by us in any way.

barry.png
Message 8 of 13 (11,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I hope that common sense will prevail and those who use it realize that. If sharing the mod here causes issues i certainly can remove the post or links if need be . Standard smile

All support , if needed can be found through the Reshade forums. Thanks

Message 9 of 13 (12,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

"A"

05/26/2017 Update new version. I guess at this point I am feeling like i have got as much out of this preset as possible. So this is the final version.

Here is a desktop screen shot showing the game verses a real life unedited shot. Its as close as i could get it while maintaining a balance in the garage and in the entire map as far as color and extra goes.Thanks for looking and have fun.

Message 10 of 13 (11,183 Views)