Re: Magnifying Grass rework

by daalnnii

Original Post

Magnifying Grass rework

★ Guide

While in your hand, gain 1 attack for every sun you have. 

So turn 1 has 1 attack

turn 2 is 3 attack

turn 3 is 6 attack

turn 4 is 10 attack

turn 5 is 15 attack

turn 6 is 21 attack

turn 7 is 28 attack

and so on. 

What at do you guys think?

I think it is a bit overpowered right now but I can always use some suggestions.

Message 1 of 8 (615 Views)

★ Guide

Well, only chompzilla has bonus attack but it doesn't even have time to shine

Message 2 of 8 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

You have no sense of balance. The card doesn't need a rework and your proposed idea throws balance out of the window.

If you have an undefended lane and no tricks you are good as dead against current Magnifying Grass. Acts as a removal in a pinch killing the most powerful zombies. Behind a nut survives while doing so. Team-Up goes a long way in Grass' case.

Making it stronger though? Don't think so.

Message 3 of 8 (538 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Cool that don't agree queegon, but why? You should see my 40k shard cost deck. Ive gotten potted powerhouse up 8 points on turn six. That was just that turn. Ive brought out 20/20s multiple times.

Double mint. Does this already, but it gets health as well. If it makes it 2 turns untouched, you better play a deadly (or spell, if you've got any left after i play banana repeat and black eye) or it will eat your heavy hitters whole and heal+ back the next turn. At least mag is only damage...

That being said, i think it should be a condition, not just having it in your hand, but something like "damage doubles every turn you don't play a trick" or "damage doubles every zombie killed", etc.
Message 4 of 8 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Card is fine the way it is. Stop wanting to change every card man. Been playtesting since Alpha in Canada and devs have already changed the cards that needed tweeking.
Message 5 of 8 (520 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Don't get me wrong, i don't think it *needs* a rework, but i don't mind them. Meta changes are fun.
Message 6 of 8 (499 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes indeed they are fun at times. I just think we see too many "Change this carf!!" threads around here.
Message 7 of 8 (493 Views)

Champion (Retired)
True. They do come up. As long as they're like this, though; presented as an idea for alternate uses, i don't mind too much. It's all the nerf whining that bugs me.

Playing at higher levels you see just about every okay card become OP given the right circumstances, and you see those counters.

People just aren't good at losing to a counter deck anymore. I run a mega grow. Deadly (twi), and gravestones pick me apart, but to call them op would be wrong. They're just well suited to counter my style of play.
Message 8 of 8 (488 Views)