Madden 18 for PC

by PhunkyFresh1

Original Post

Madden 18 for PC

★★★ Newbie

GameInformer reported on June 5th that Madden 18 was at least in development for PC. It certainly can't be pre-ordered.  Maybe that development didn't go as planned and EA is keeping quiet on it so as to keep their options open.  That is entirely speculation, however.  Considering the fact that this isn't 2008, and that a pretty powerful gaming PC can be bought or built relatively inexpensively, it would be an absolute shocker if EA didn't take advantage of that market at some point.  That being said the huge money making potential for these games comes in the fact that EA can slang you a new one every year.  Whether it's with major engine upgrades, or just with new rosters and some tweeks, you're paying the same price.  Their main fear in moving to PC must be that they would lose some of the every year addiction they rely on due to PC mods.  Of course, they would still make money on the game.  It is Frostbite.  It's not like they would have to remake the entire game for a new engine.  FIFA obviously translates quite smoothly.  But maybe that money making potential isn't quite up to par for EA shareholders.  They certainly have some smart people doing the math.  They have a parallel game in FIFA to take data from as well.  Let's just hope that at some point soon either the numbers line up for them, or they actually start caring about an EXTREMELY LARGE group of PC gamers out there that would love to get their hands on a fresh Madden release. 

Oh, and a little real transparency wouldn't hurt.  It's not like you have a competitor to worry about. 

Message 1 of 3 (16,675 Views)

Re: Madden 18 for PC

★★★★★ Novice

Somebody is getting paid to keep it out of the PC market. And in only the console market. 

Message 2 of 3 (14,546 Views)

Re: Madden 18 for PC

★★★★★ Novice

Dude, couldn´t agree more. 
It is such a shame and a disrespect not to have Madden on PC plus no comment from EA. Lots of posts about this on the internet, here on their forum, and they

don´t give us a position. I wanted it so bad and I´m from Brazil. Not even an American saying it. I even created a Twitter page last year called MaddenOnPC to try

and gather people who wanted to see it happening but it is too hard to do it by myself. I needed help from some youtubers and people like that. 
All we can do is wait for a miracle because it is not worth to buy a console to play Madden only. If you have a gaming PC, you have better options to racing games,

better setup for shooting games, you have FIFA, NBA 2k, you can plug a controller, you can do anything but play Madden. Pathetic.

Message 3 of 3 (11,791 Views)