MEA save files transfer?

by Haezintoer74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MEA save files transfer?

★★★ Newbie

hey everyone

I am wondering if there is going to be any game progress transferring, such as transferring mass effect 1-2-3 data into Andromeda

kindly thank you

Message 1 of 11 (20,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MEA save files transfer?

Community Manager

Nope, it's a clean slate. The events of Shepard's story in the original trilogy aren't a factor for Andromeda, so nothing will be carried forward. 

Thanks for the question, you don't need to worry about scraping together old data. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (25,789 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Nope, it's a clean slate. The events of Shepard's story in the original trilogy aren't a factor for Andromeda, so nothing will be carried forward. 

Thanks for the question, you don't need to worry about scraping together old data. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (25,790 Views)

★ Apprentice

But Michael Gamble says that is not a bad idea to hold on to our Mass Effect saves... So what's the deal?

Message 3 of 11 (20,054 Views)

@Linth

If I remember correctly Michael Gamble said that at a very early state of development.  Aaryon Flynn and Mac Walters confirmed that there will be no save game import.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 11 (20,046 Views)

Hero

@Linth wrote:

But Michael Gamble says that is not a bad idea to hold on to our Mass Effect saves... So what's the deal?

Mac Walters said to hold onto your save data after you complete Mass Effect Andromeda, implying there will be an import from Andromeda to Mass Effect 5.

I think they previously said to hold onto your ME3 data just to be safe, but that was early during development and I think they abandoned that idea.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 11 (20,037 Views)

When Mike Gamble said in an interview four years ago about ME3 save games:

"Obviously I can't say anything," he said, "but it wouldn't be a bad idea..."

He was covering himself in case it would be a good idea.

Four years later, tweets make it very clear that there is no requirement or reliance on any ME3 saves, as the prologue of the new game takes place before ME3.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 11 (19,937 Views)

★★ Novice

Resurrecting this to ask again.  There seems to be a function for this...something about the Mass Effect Archives?  Any information on this?

Message 7 of 11 (18,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Mass Effect Archives is a website to upload your custom ryder desgines to and import from other players. It has nothing to do with ME3 save game import.

Currently the website is still in beta, at least for me it is. I guess it will launch together with the game next week. 

Message 8 of 11 (18,663 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, thanks!

Message 9 of 11 (18,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

check this video (MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1)

- YOU CAN  IMPORT ME3 PROFILES

not sure the real use of the import ME3 Save.,

i think is just "related" to input some report in the narration for the story of the earth part in the game
no weapon, no armor or skill are added to your started character

check the video to see if,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktjywYQ8QCU

Message 10 of 11 (15,916 Views)