Legendary in town hall events

by SuperFlameYT

Original Post

Legendary in town hall events

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This post is about how people who have not unlocked legendary characters should not be able to play as them or even level them up in the town hall events. It is so annoying and unfair to the people who had to work to unlock them. In town hall events all the noobs always use toxic bainz and unicorn chomper and stuff like than. Popcap and EA please stop this. 

Message 1 of 13 (707 Views)

Re: Legendary in town hall events

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wonder if you havent unlocked one of those character and play with them enough to reach level 10 can you promote them?? Or can you only promote the characters you already have?

Message 2 of 13 (692 Views)

Yea it was a stupid idea. They just spread awareness and this is actually a trick to get people to buy "Free DLC" the ones that cost 10$ or buy coins to unlock those characters. They are pretty much saying, this mode is hard to play, buy them with real money so you can play them in normal modes. I sense that the unicorn chomper DLC is coming soon.

Message 3 of 13 (688 Views)

★★★ Guide

@ajgptm3 wrote:

I wonder if you havent unlocked one of those character and play with them enough to reach level 10 can you promote them?? Or can you only promote the characters you already have?

Yes, you can promote them. Since the start of the event I have capped the Unicorn Chomper, Disco Chomper and Z7 Imp. Between Party Imp, Scallywag Imp and Toxic Brainz I have half a dozen promotions. Time permitting, I plan to cap Party Imp, Scallywag Imp, Toxic Brainz, Party Brainz and Party Captain.

@ShavedThronel0 wrote:

Yea it was a stupid idea. They just spread awareness and this is actually a trick to get people to buy "Free DLC" the ones that cost 10$ or buy coins to unlock those characters. They are pretty much saying, this mode is hard to play, buy them with real money so you can play them in normal modes. I sense that the unicorn chomper DLC is coming soon.

That is exactly right. It is a sort of trial period for legendary characters. It is also a means to advertise the paid DLC releases. (The deluxe edition, party packs and so forth.) That is how the game makes money, so it is natural they promote it. It may be annoying to have players using variants they don't own. But, they won't remove it, they can't without locking people permanently out of 5455. (If you think people are angry about Unicorn Chomper now just wait until the make him and max rank completely unavailable.) Besides, it is only in a single game mode and only for 4 days. (Plus I bet the people playing with a team of legendary characters is happy to be winning.) Finally, while it is wishful thinking that a Unicorn DLC is coming, I highly doubt it.

Message 4 of 13 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]

I believe popcap will stick to their guns regarding unicorn chomper.  Interestingly, I actually have seen very few of them in the portal games I've played this week.

Message 5 of 13 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

For Unicorn chomper, this's the only way to get master it and reach Max rank on GW2 so this's how Popcap listen to community request and fulfill it. I mastered it in no time.

For legendary/party, it's how popcap advertise by let people try it out before commit to buy it or grind it to get it. Some people/kid doesn't have money to spend so they might simply grind all 4 days to mastered all of them. It's a lot of works and a lot of time but possible. I mastered 2 characters in 1 day (Unicorn and disco Chomper) since chomper is one of my favorite character. now I officially master ALL my chompers!

Next, I'm going to grind on Z7 and Scallywag Imp to master.

Note: I was also surprised that they're not too many Unicorn on this event, I guess many people already mastered it from previous event (lunch at lab).

Message 6 of 13 (652 Views)

Some of those chompers can be a real grind to master.  Private seeds of time with sunflowers against scientists is a really good way to level up the ones you find troublesome to play, just spam goop and vanguish as you can.  Just gooping a zombie before one of the sunflowers kills it nets up to 70 xp.

Message 7 of 13 (641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't see the problem with it. I have enjoyed playing the Unicorn Chomper. Once the event is over everyone else goes back to trying to unlock characters.

Message 8 of 13 (615 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I wonder how much legendary characters you have unlocked , but if you talk like that, I don't think you are a fair player. The noobs, as you say, are you afraid that they beat you? or are you selfish?

Message 9 of 13 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

My friend who had weird account issues in GW1 never was able to play it till he got it fixed and that was too late for the Unicorn Chomper so he uses these events to play it and master it despite not owning it. As someone who owns them all I have zero issue with people doing this. Some people just didn't have GW1 or were too young to play it, or other reasons like my friend so he was glad to get max level via the events and I encourage anyone that doesn't have the Unicorn Chomper to do the same so you can get that max rank and of course for the free coins. It certainly doesn't harm me in any way that people are doing this. Since we aren't getting more major DLC as they work on the next PvZ shooter anything that encourages people to keep playing is good for the game in general as well.

Message 10 of 13 (579 Views)