Legendary characters from packs

by sskaggs89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legendary characters from packs

★★★ Apprentice

I'm still having a difficult time finding legendary characters out of packs (like most people). I know that they drop from the 15K pack and the 35K packs, but does anyone have the actual drop rate percentage of each pack? I'm trying to figure out if the 15K pack has a better chance than 35K, and how much better. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 17 (11,776 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Legendary characters from packs

★★★★★ Apprentice

Those kinds of numbers haven't been revealed, and I doubt they ever will.

For some anecdotal evidence on 35k packs, I've gotten 3 Legendary stickers (one Disco Chomper, one Computer Scientist, and Sidekick Kitty for Super Brainz) from around 170 - 200 packs.

I've dropped $120 on buying coins, and got one Legendary sticker when I opened the first 90 packs ($100 worth), and then another Legendary when I opened the packs for the remaining $20.

By the time I spent money on coins, I had already unlocked all the Zombies in probably around 70 to 90 35k packs - the additional 90 I got with paid coins completed my Plant variant collection.

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (15,731 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Those kinds of numbers haven't been revealed, and I doubt they ever will.

For some anecdotal evidence on 35k packs, I've gotten 3 Legendary stickers (one Disco Chomper, one Computer Scientist, and Sidekick Kitty for Super Brainz) from around 170 - 200 packs.

I've dropped $120 on buying coins, and got one Legendary sticker when I opened the first 90 packs ($100 worth), and then another Legendary when I opened the packs for the remaining $20.

By the time I spent money on coins, I had already unlocked all the Zombies in probably around 70 to 90 35k packs - the additional 90 I got with paid coins completed my Plant variant collection.

Message 2 of 17 (15,732 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It feels like around 30 packs to get a legendary piece. To be honest, after u get one legendary character, u will be disappointed
Message 3 of 17 (11,705 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the info, Eibon. I doubt I'd be willing to spend that much real world money on coins, though. Guess I'll just have to hope for luck.

@Infinite_Eternal wrote:
It feels like around 30 packs to get a legendary piece. To be honest, after u get one legendary character, u will be disappointed

I might be disappointed in the character, but at least I'll be slightly relieved knowing that's one less character I have to search for.

Message 4 of 17 (11,688 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, right before patch I saved over a million coins to unlock packs hoping for a legendary character piece. Mind you, I imported all character variants in GW1 so the 75k Character packs disappeared on day one of playing this game. That means I didn't have to bother with those since day 2 of playing this game. I am rank 76 right now and I have yet to unlock one legendary character piece from opening packs. I managed to unlock one legendary character piece from doing Infinity Time. But, from opening 15k and 35k packs--nope. 

The drop rate is ridiculously low for me. You'd think I would have an advantage having all the characters virtually unlocked on day one of this game.. so I could focus on trying to get legendaries, but nope. I hope Pop Cap can tweak the drop rate because it's disappointing unlocking legendary hats, but not one f****** legendary character piece.

Message 5 of 17 (11,644 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've looked extensively for this kind of info aswell. In my experience its at the most 1 legendary sticker every 100 packs or so. Coin wise 15k packs seems a lot more efficient then 35k packs in terms of both legendaries and other stickers as well.

According to my sticker book I've spent 5,5 million coins and gotten 3 legendary stickers so far. I know for a fact I'll get tired of this game before I unlock even half´the legendary characters (not counting Party Variants, they are easy to get and not really legendary).

Good hunting!

Message 6 of 17 (11,617 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, maybe if we complain about it enough, PopCap will increase the chance! It worked for the Rose. Large smile

Message 7 of 17 (11,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Today they said EA Access Legendary bonus which is supposed to give you Legendary character packs and I checked I have none and before anyone ask I have an EA membership and I'm mising 3 Legendary characters and have spent 32 million in coins. I would like to know when this just become a futile joke and the joke is on the player.

I am seriously thinking about quitting this all together between the little kids who scream through their head sets during mp and then having to mute them. I asked one these children to please stop swearing and his response to me was to call me a * and then starting using four letter expletives oh and if you file a complaint with MS they don't even say that they are doing anything. This game is beginning to be more of an annoyance than fun.
Message 8 of 17 (9,551 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I wish you guys all the luck in your search for Legendary players. I can see the frustration in paying money or spending a ton of time to unlock these characters. Do you wonder if the Legendaries are hard to get because that is the point? EA or Pop Cap may want certain characters that not everyone can get and that is why they are so special. I know the game is built to have you pay money to progress quickly and unlock things faster. I personally kind of like the ability to have somethings just be luck and not only attainable through grinding or spending a lot of you paycheck. It makes finally getting one all that more special. If everyone got all the legendary characters only after spending $500 or a billion coins imagine how daunting of a task that would feel for the average player?

Message 9 of 17 (9,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Infinite_Eternal wrote:

except iron citron is a beast disco chomper is great for defence and is basically a better version even more so now of armored chomper when it comes to mechs due to his damage even more so when you get into his leg mode computer scientist is also a beast even more so in crunch mode and reloads very quick and toxic brains holy sh** is he ever a beast just wail on a vase weed and then go ham on your enemies lol

i dont know about the 2 new leg characters as i dont have them yet but from what ive seen the corn is also good but the imp is the only leg character out of the party variants that sucks from what ive seen and heard the only good thing is his mech and thats is

so frankly if youre dissapointed then you just dont know how to use those character types very well :P

as for how much i spent to unlock all of them i got the last  leg character piece i needed being toxic brainz legs at exactly 60m coins earned and i bought the wonderious packs only till i got all the stickers from those set of packs then moved on to the 40k ones and i can tell you the 40k packs gave me a lot more legendary stickers in less coins spent then the 35k packs

Message 10 of 17 (9,529 Views)