Re: Latest Update is Gem ripoff.

by GrinningRuiner

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@HonEBooboo
@HonEBooboo wrote:

I enjoy the game but not enough to let them get away with robbing me like this.  I may have somewhat of a compulsion but not enough to let anyone con me like this. there are other games that i can obsess over and dump a lot of money and time into.  i can understand they want to make more money. but not like this. I am so disgusted that I dont want to play and i most definitely wont be watching any ads for gems anymore. eventually, I will just stop playing altogether out of sheer boredom and frustration.  if any of you settle for this sort of nonsense, you and PopCap deserve each other but im out. im washing my hands. 

You may not have intended it, but you criticized every player that enjoys and will continue to play PVZH.  You getting a negative response to your post is not surprising.  I'm a recently new poster, but you waltzing into this part of the forums and demanding respect is not going to go over well while you slander posters who contribute more meaningfully than you do.  I'm in the same boat as you in that I don't like the gem change, but there's no need for the put downs or lashing out due to frustration.  

BPRD

Message 11 of 17 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"you criticized every player that enjoys and will continue to play PVZH."

if you are offended then tough titties. The truth hurts, don't it? the only way you can see my response as offensive or disrespectful to you is if you see some truth in what I am saying but your high level of cognitive dissidence won't allow you to side with me.  I am not here saying that you cannot continue to enjoy PVZH with its new changes. I am saying that I CANT enjoy it anymore. that is not a dig at you at all. if you are happy settling for 5 gems, then fine.  you are CLEARLY the perfect PopCap customer and, YES, you and PopCap do deserve each other cause you clearly keep each other going. but I am going to wash my hands of this garbage. 

If I get my way here, WE ARE ALL BETTER FOR IT.  if you, the ones who will happily take 5 the gems for watching the same ads, get your way (for me to shut up and settle like you have) then ONLY you lose. because I certainly wont be playing anymore nor giving PopCap any MORE of money. you will be playing PVZ Heroes with fewer opponents because everyone else who has some self-respect and knows the true value of their time will not settle for a company that tries to devalue their customers' time by 1/2 overnight. 

"but you waltzing into this part of the forums and demanding respect"

I am demanding respect for me and ALL  the CUSTOMERS of P V Z Heroes.  I am also doing PopCap a courtesy by complaining rather than just up and quit playing altogether so they never get the benefit of a fair warning or the chance to make it right. 

I am a noob contributor to this forum for 1 good reason. BECAUSE UP UNTIL NOW I HAVE BEEN A SATISFIED AND HAPPY CUSTOMER! that should be what PopCap wants.  if not I will take my business elsewhere.

good luck to you and your happy union with PVZH. 

Message 12 of 17 (435 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As long as you're being civil, I'm sure EA will change their mind because of your exceptionally good behavior!  You are a beacon among 10 year olds who need a clear voice who won't summon the waaaambulance to deliver them from evil corporations who were providing free content.

BPRD

Message 13 of 17 (353 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey guys,

as much as we do like an open-minded approach to discussions, I would like to remind you of the AHQ guidelines and rules.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, as long as it is brought forward in a respectful manner. We all like our favorite games and things can get tense in a discussion, but please keep it respectful.

As in many other games, you have the opportunity to get some free premium currency which is only otherwise obtainable via real money purchase, and it is up to the individual player to make use of any of those offers. We do appreciate the feedback regarding the recent changes to gems and advertising - be assured that your player feedback is valuable and taken into account.

I personally am happy about everything I get for free in a game, and if it is less than before - well, it's still free after all.

Have a great evening, everyone

- Joker

Message 14 of 17 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Keep it civil. Resorting to insults of those who disagree or try to present another side of the argument negates any point you may be trying to make and will only result in your thread being locked and a possible ban. Then what good is it?

As for the thread itself, as @thecakeisalie said, players were exploiting the old system to get thousands of gems per day. In the end, they are a business with devs that are obviously constantly working to improve and add to the game. You have to pay people. If they weren't making enough, then changes needed to be made.

Its gone from 30 to 200 to this. You're not being conned or robbed... They're free. They're a gift. In the end we all speak with our wallets. That's how capitalism works. Feel free to post here about your grievances. Stop spending money if youve been. Leave the game (not in a troll sense, in the protest sense)... All valid ways to get your point across. But, in the end, you have to remember that these are still fluctuating for now and that they do need to make money.
Message 15 of 17 (328 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was maxing out the ads I could do and i certainly was not racking up thousands of gems from doing so.  I am not buying that excuse. and Yes, we do speak with our wallets. Like i said, I am a PAYING customer and I am speaking with my wallet by both letting the company know I am dissatisfied and taking my business elsewhere when i am not satisfied. I am not impressed with the changes. and im not buying the excuses being made for them. 

Message 16 of 17 (284 Views)

★★ Pro

@HonEBooboo wrote:

I was maxing out the ads I could do and i certainly was not racking up thousands of gems from doing so.  I am not buying that excuse. and Yes, we do speak with our wallets. Like i said, I am a PAYING customer and I am speaking with my wallet by both letting the company know I am dissatisfied and taking my business elsewhere when i am not satisfied. I am not impressed with the changes. and im not buying the excuses being made for them. 

Out of curiosity, how much have you paid?

Message 17 of 17 (281 Views)