Is there any game you miss playing?

by mathematics654

Original Post

Re: Is there any game you miss playing?

@EA_Bogdan wow...it's been ages since i've heard about it...When did that time passed?! Sure...i've played those on PC, but still...

And GOG has it...Wishlisted, so i will get it in the summer saleStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 61 of 79 (357 Views)

EA DICE Team

@EA_Bogdan @DarkBanishing @EA_Archi

I finally picked up my Magic cards today.

They didn't have too much choice in the store so I ended up with two Amonkhet pre-made decks (Lilian and Gideon), and 10 booster packs (5 for me, 5 for wife). She pulled two planeswalkers (Gideon of trials!), two legendary creatures, and a foil rare out of her 5 packs..... Shocked I of course, got nothing.. Large smile

I played a couple of matches tonight and it felt awesome to get back to it after so many years. But I bet it will feel even better beating @EA_Archi at work next week.. 

@DarkBanishing

They didn't have the Commander deck or cards. The store made it seem like those only come out very rarely so not sure about that.

Great fun though! Thanks for reminding me about this game Standard smile

Message 62 of 79 (343 Views)

@Straatford87

There's a new release of commander decks every year, but you are allowed to play commander with every card that was released from the time of beginning until now. Even most of the banned cards are allowed in your deck. Party hat

Are you planning on making a commander deck? Do you need some tips on how to start making one?

I warn you, once you play commander, you'll want to play more. Especially deckbuilding is exciting in commander. Wink

Message 63 of 79 (333 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Commander sounds like fun because you never know what's going to happen. With normal decks, you pretty much know most possibilities.

Would love to try it out. All tips are welcome.. Large smile

Message 64 of 79 (328 Views)

@Straatford87

Well, the trick is to find a good commander that can make great combo's or has awesome abilities or activated abilities that do well with the rest of your deck. The search for a good commander AND your other deck cards can be, well ..., time consuming. It took me +/- eight straight hours to think about possible combo's (and I have 11 commander decks Party hat), try them out and add other good cards to your deck. The problem is that there will be too many cards you want to put into your deck. You'll need to duel other commander players to fine tune your deck. So achieving your perfect deck can take weeks or even months, but once you found it, your game turns in to heavenly pleasure.Large smile

Also don't forget you'll have to buy cards you want separately. Some commander decks can cost more then € 300 (even much more if you want to have black lotus, time walk and the mox family in it (and of course other insanely expensive cards). But luckily there are also some good budget commander decks (My favourite black / green costs about €80 which is really cheap by commander standards). My most expensive one is my sliver deck. Well, luckily, I owned a lot of slivers before the commander format came to life. Wink

Great sites to buy from are:

http://www.bazaarofmagic.nl/

http://www.cardkingdom.com/

There are also other good online shops, but comparing the prices is a must.

For the scouting part you'll want to use http://magic.wizards.com/en.

Have a great time constructing your first commander deck. :eahigh_file:

Message 65 of 79 (319 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I'm even more overwhelmed now.. lol!

Thanks for the tips though - it's much appreciated. I will read up some more on everything before really making a decision. At the moment, I'm happy just being back to it again.

Will keep you updated! :-)

Message 66 of 79 (312 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

@Straatford87 I challenge you! My "Graveyard" deck will consume you! Large smile

Message 67 of 79 (306 Views)

@EA_Bogdan

What kind of graveyard deck do you have? A big hitter graveyard deck based on cards like "Entomb" and "Reanimate" or an old school zombie graveyard deck?

PS: I have both as standard MTG decks and a Commander Dragon deck with a lot of "put target creature card from your library into graveyard" and "put target creature from graveyard into play" combos. Lol, I'm able to play Kilnmouth Dragon on second turn with a hand full of dragons if I'm lucky Wink. RIP oponent in turn 3. Party hat

Message 68 of 79 (296 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

@DarkBanishing Think "Boneyard Wurm" & "Splinterfright" + "Spider Spawning"... Don't want to give away to much of my strategy though! I know @Straatford87 is lurking here... Cool

@ivrognard - yes! Ishar Trilogy is available on GOG and I highly recommend it! It's still great to play it now Large smile

Message 69 of 79 (289 Views)

MTG...Now i officially hate you allStandard smile

Probably the best card game out there, but too damn expensive for me (and probably for many others). The availability around here doesn't help either (read it rarely available).

I love the art on the cards. That is always amazing. There are cards with designs by the Hildebrandt brothers, Sam Wood, Larry Elmore, Bill Szienkiewicz and a ton other fantasy artists. Each card is basically an art piece.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 70 of 79 (285 Views)