Re: Increased damage on all characters

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Increased damage on all characters (on PS4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Is it a bug, or a new feature..... All characters deal more damage.... Anyone else noticed this?
Message 1 of 8 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
@renniemail What platform are you on? Are you noticing this on multiplayer as well as in the backyard? How long has this been going on? Just trying to help figure out what’s going on. I have not run into any noticeable changes. There are up to date DPS charts to assist with this.
Message 2 of 8 (764 Views)

★★★ Novice
I first noticed it about a day ago, on ps4. I usually get around 30 kills on turf takeover , i got 67. The fast firing sunflower was getting 10 per shot. Each regular shot seem to be a critical, its not just me though everyone in the session was getting high damage, making it harder to defend. Its on all game modes, as well.
Message 3 of 8 (755 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Hmmm... I’m on Xbox and pc. Might have to let some other ps4 players chime in. Seems to be localized to ps4 from other players I’ve talked too. If you could post some footage, that would be great.
Message 4 of 8 (749 Views)

★★★ Novice
Definitely there is something different, im getting kills really quickly, its similar to the party bug a month ago where all characters were in party mode.. They fixed that after a few hours tho.... This has been going on a few days now, i just joined a match at 2nd base and got close to 60 kills..
Message 5 of 8 (737 Views)

I haven't been able to play for a week because I have had an attack of gout in my right wrist.  So I haven't had opportunity to notice anything.

Could you provide some kind of numbers by any chance?  If you could record a little bit of video showing what you're talking about., or even a few screenshots, that would be very helpful.

It is of course possible that you have just gotten better suddenly and/or are facing lots of inexperienced players.  Every now and then I put up vanquish numbers that surprise me, and it's often because I just happen to be on my game that night and playing against a lot of clueless players.

Message 6 of 8 (724 Views)

★★★ Novice
I will try to take a vid this evening, im beginning to think you could be right, but then i distinctly remember when i first noticed it, i was playing as shadow flower and getting 10 damage per shot from a distance, the wiki said that 10 is critical. Ill work on that video to be sure.
Message 7 of 8 (697 Views)

This is a much better source for DPS numbers than the wiki:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S8NX2i_b26GgmiDKh30Sd6LOJvvBOkW93_sMukzpMDI/edit#gid=0

To the best of my knowledge, sunflowers suffer very little drop-off in damage from distance.

Message 8 of 8 (693 Views)