Re: If it was made, what do you think Garden Warfare 3 should be (opinion thread

by ollyduck

Original Post

Re: If it was made, what do you think Garden Warfare 3 should be (opinion thread

★★★★★ Expert

I've posted about this before and we know they're working on some new PvZ shooter so hope it's GW3 and hope they take our feedback!

I would combine some of GW1 with GW2; expand on the backyard battleground (best part of 2 imo, it's so good but we need more), improve the single player activities, more TT maps, more consumables, bring back taco bandits, lots of events, if it has things like the gnome trials make them more than a one off grind as they are now, all the old and current customizations and more, etc., if we keep the torchwood and hovergoat give us variants (poison oak is so obvious), more variant for current classes (ice pirate and frozen corn are 2 themed ones off the top of my head), either no level cap or allow xp at max on characters to give us something, etc.

Message 21 of 24 (530 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Good thread Bro, ok, so checking out some bits first, PvZ seems to happen every 2 years making 2018 the next release year , EA had some recruitment activity specifically for PvZ dev`s and some U-Tubers are convinced it is in the pipeline. So...  your thought are well timed. I agree with a lot of comments saying all the platforms should all be in the game, quite how you get those protocols, would be next gen, I disagree it should be virtual , purely on cost, along with the next outing, you could be over £300 per game, massive fail, trails of were a great addition, and two characters were almost impossible to get,  a true test of patience and skill, so you don`t see many in the game. possible not so many characters.

So all in all, a slimed down version, with more interaction . 

Message 22 of 24 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think it would be really cool for ea to turn the backyard into an MMO. I wouldn't want this to replace the old game modes like turf takeover and team vanquish, but just imagine a real, continuous struggle to gain ground, the occasional mega-boss fight where 20 or so different players all taking part, and just being able to socialize with other people in your bases.

Message 23 of 24 (445 Views)

★ Guide

There's a whole bunch of stuff they could do, but I would rather be hired to fix the game, than post (all) of it for free --mostly because of time constraints. I have like multiple world records and straight A's in college (4.0 GPA) so some developer will be smart enough to pick me up eventually. But I would strongly encourage the developers to listen carefully to my GW2 guide and tier list once it comes out. Other than that:

1) Fix the lag and hit detection online (especially with missiles).

2) Legendary characters for all variants.

3) Create a game mode similar to Gears of War Over Run, even if it's Turf Takeover, where there are unlockable monsters on a three or four level tier list -- making some of those bosses and other PVZ characters playable WITHOUT variants. Anyone past the first tier of characters (which are the normal guys) should not have any variations or be playable outside of this mode. Torchwood and Hovergoat should not be reverted back to being on tier 2 or mode, and should be completely normal characters with 10 variations each (at least).

4) Game should move towards how the original PVZ game was, with more of a slight mature vibe, but they could hire comedy actors to do voice work so it's actually funny.

5) Better story and campaign.

6) In tournaments.

7) The goat on the zombie side broke the trend of only plants or zombies being playable, so Dr. Zomboss and Crazy Dave should be playable, perhaps each of them as the final unlockable tier in the Turf Takeover mode where only one can play as them at once.

8) All characters from both games should return in three, including Berry Peashooter, Citrus Cactus, and if they can get in the Cheeto characters.

Message 24 of 24 (441 Views)