Re: I think its about time PC had a new NHL/Madden

by younever_know8

Original Post

I think its about time PC had a new NHL/Madden

★★★ Newbie

Title says it all, I can't believe i'm alone in thinking this is crazy. In past years I could understand the reasoning due to possible piracy But these days with the Origin platform that is not such a factor.

7 or 8 years is to long to leave one massive platform in the dark

Message 1 of 2 (747 Views)

Re: I think its about time PC had a new NHL/Madden

★★ Guide

I'm with ya man!  EA has to be pretty ignorant not to see the gaping hole in the market.  When they discontinued Madden/NHL on PC nearly 10 years ago the PC gaming landscape was way different.  Steam, and digital distribution and general, was not half as popular as it is today.  On top of that EA was releasing an inferior product to the XB360/PS3 versions of its games.  Of course sales would be abysmal. 

Really all you have to do is release a product ON PAR with the PS4/XBOne versions and you will be successful.  That means having parity of features, even *gasp* local multiplayer support  (yes EA PC gamers like to play local multiplayer too!).  Perhaps EA can partner with Microsoft and do the Xbox play anywhere thing but that would mean taking sales away from Origin.   Or just do what Psyonix did with Rocket League and do cross-play that way.   If a company the size of Psyonix can do it i'm sure a company the size of EA can work cross-play into it's games.  

You would also think things like HUT and FUT would fit right at home on PC.  These payment models are similar to the type of things that were popularized by games like LoL and DOTA so i'm not sure how EA isn't making the connection.  You can see my thread floating around in this forum with many links to reddit threads with people asking for EA to bring sports franchises back to PC.  EA says there isn't a market when there clearly is.  PC gamers want to see NHL, Madden, Skate, Tiger Woods and UFC on PC.  Maybe then you might see people actually start using your client.

Message 2 of 2 (724 Views)