Re: Husk Hop.

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Husk Hop.

★★★ Novice

Husk Hop. This is an arguement that should be won pretty easily.

Husk Hop.. does way too much damage.. WAY TOO MUCH.

The amount of times that I was winning a gun fight against a corn, and then they Husk Hop to win, dont even get me started. 

The ability is too strong, it needs ro be nerfed. How to fix it and not make useless?

Decrease the damage a bit, and make it so you cant control where your going with it. The combination of too much damage, and the ability to control it, is pretty.. dumb.

If you just hit the Y, 2 or Triangle key/button, then it should just got in a straight like. You shouldnt be able to aim all that damage on one target, just to disinegrate them in half a second.

This ability needs ro be nerfed.

Message 1 of 9 (805 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

A 10% reduction in radius is hardly what I'd call a 'heavy nerf'. It still does absolutely crazy DPS and total damage over the duration. It either needs a significant damage reduction or no longer be aimable.

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (859 Views)

All Replies

It was just heavily nerfed in the last balance patch.  I, for one, can hardly ever kill much of anything with it now.

Message 2 of 9 (798 Views)

★★ Guide

Husk Hop was just nerfed.  I feel it is about balanced right now.  Before, it was an automatic kill.

Message 3 of 9 (785 Views)

Husk hop is still broken. People don't even shoot me when they use corn. They just throw butter, husk hop, then use shuck shot. If i survive and kill them, the next time again... butter, hop, shuck...

Message 4 of 9 (777 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A 10% reduction in radius is hardly what I'd call a 'heavy nerf'. It still does absolutely crazy DPS and total damage over the duration. It either needs a significant damage reduction or no longer be aimable.

Message 5 of 9 (860 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im happy to see more people on my side..

Sure it got nerfed already, but its not even a heavy nerf..

Yesterday, I was full health as a Sciebtist, and Im about to kill a Corn.

He uses Husk Hop, and he barely even touches me with it, But i die anyway. 

"Heavy Nerf"

Message 6 of 9 (749 Views)

★★ Guide

Exactly. The so called nerf was laughable at best. Husk hop is still very much OP! Everyone I know has been complaining about it. And I have to say that I really like Corn a lot, but even I have to admit to the unfairness of Husk Hop.

Message 7 of 9 (704 Views)

★ Guide

The Corns Shuck Shot has a degree change at long ranges making me feel pretty safe on a Big Bolt Blaster at long ranges. It also has a sound-based tell at close range unlike the Soldier whose ZPG is perfectly capable of stealth vanquish. I find this in need of changing as the Shuck Shot should have similar accuracy proportionate to that of the Soldier's ZPG. WHERE'S THE LOVE???

Butter Barrage takes so long to activate. Personally, they should have removed the Garlic Drone and just turned Butter Barrage into the Corn Strike. What would you do if Corn could do the Corn Strike like he should? << WHERE'S THE LOVE??????

Players usually back up and aim their Husk Hop. You can tell when they're about to do it, every time. It's a quick side step to avoid it. They practically come out of the spawn using it because they're so used to hitting players who have to stand still and aim with it that I've started using my rocket jump (Not the leap) to jump straight up, turn my camera to the side (For faster than rocket leap speed boost) and land on their heads. |= Lemme tell ya. Old topic or not, Husk Hop is just fine on a character who is semi-unique. Especially now that they can't just hit me from like 10 friggin' feet away ON THE SIDE OF THEIR SHOTS with the Hop.

FOR THE LOVE OF CORN, WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR CORN????? FOR EVERY DUDE NOT PLAYING CORN THAT'S ANOTHER BEAN BOMB OR CHOMPER YOU GOTTA WORRY ABOUT!

Message 8 of 9 (638 Views)

Fun fact:  When you vanguish a player who is in the midst of a husk hop, you get XP for "Vanguished Leaping Corn."

Message 9 of 9 (624 Views)