Re: How to online split screen

by asukojo

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@HikinenM wrote:

How can I get online split screen working on my PS4? I already tried to get my sons account to work but I couldn't make him a child account. I then made an account for my wife and got to the point where you can select online multiplayer for in-game. As I click it I get a screen to buy PSN+ for her. I have PSN+ on my own account already and she is a family member in settings. Shouldn't that be enough?

It should be.  I think you have date with Sony customer service!  I've never dealt with them, so I don't know what to tell you to expect.

Message 21 of 23 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've logged my wife's account into split screen a couple of times to finish off star quests in the last couple of days, and gotten the message that she will be logged in as guest.  So I suspect something may be wrong as that has never happened before.

I think that I will try one more time with my daughter's account, and if I get the same result I will report this to EA staff.

EDIT:  Well, that is peculiar.  My daughter's account logged in on split screen with no issues.

Message 22 of 23 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Two steps process:

1. The primary account (dad account) which has PS Plus MUST activate the PS4 console as his PRIMARY account. All other accounts (wife, kids, friends) that play on this console will able to enjoy PS4 Plus benefit (multiplayer) and play all primary account games (Pvz2, Call of duty, etc).  Follow this simple instruction here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRaCp_COopso

2. Create another PS4 account then add EA account (PVZ2 is on EA server, not PS server). So when you turn on your PS4 and select account, you login to PS server. Then when you select the PVZ2 game, you login to EA server. That is the reason you need add EA account on top of your PS account.

Now time to play:

A. Other accounts (wife, kids, friends) can play the PVZ2 multiplayer by themselves (no need PS Plus since you have do step 1).

B. If they want to play split screen multiplayers, primary account (dad) login first, go to backyard, go to split screen TV (next to the booth), let other player login, then you guys can play multiplayer together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcB122F2DRs&t=517s

Hope this helps.

Message 23 of 23 (638 Views)